Mating, Heat, marking, Rejection, and Family Roles

Q: Do Werebears bite their mates neck to mark them like Werewolves do? Do they Mate like werewolves do? Are their family roles the same?

A: No, Kinda, and Definitely not

Mates-

So first of all... Werebears have mates when they turn the age of 15. Their mate is then decided and hence the search begins. This is also when "heat" starts for female Werebears. When a werebear sees their mate their bear spirit will know. Before they see them tho they will smell them. A werebears mate will smell like something they love. Something that only the mate can smell and that will attract them. After they find their mate they usually confess out of the blue. Just like that. Now in special cases the werebear could get nervous but they usually don't lie if they are asked about it, that's against their beliefs. If they take too long the bear spirit will get impatient and start taking over at random times to try to get close to their mate. When mates touch an electricity goes through their body and if they haven't marked yet... Makes them want to even more. Male Werebears get very Protective over their mates. Not possessive but if the other looks uncomfortable then they will get a bit defensive. Werebears are natural cuddlers so they don't really care if their mate gets close to another as long as it doesn't look like its intentionally going to far. They will often warn the antagonist before it turns ugly. Violence and arguing is always a last choice for their kind.

Heat-

Females are the only ones that go into heat. Males more of... "Get horny" but not really so much that its called "in heat". When females are in heat they give off a sweet smell that male Werebears can identify as heat. Now usually when this happens the family tries to keep her away from other Males. Such as sending an older sibling, watching her carefully, or entrusting someone to watch out for her. Males do have their dignity but the smell usually arouses them so much that it clouds their mind. So they never blame the guy nor the girl is something does happen. Were bears are considered adults at the age of 15 anyways. The female often doesn't mind either since being in heat kinda hurts unless... "The act" is committed. They become clingy, flirty, and desperate for attention. After the heat they are usually a bit embarrassed about how they acted. Some females even lock themselves away for the week that it lasts. Heat never lasts more then 2 weeks.

Marking-

They do not bite to mark someone as their own. No No. One, they are a lot stronger than werewolves so they could accidentally rip some chunks off if their mate isn't a werebear. Two, most hate harm so... Some would be at an impass. Instead werebears commit "the act" and during this the Male asks the Female (or the dominate person asks the submissive one) to be their mate. If the Female (or submissive) agrees then a bear print appears on both their bodies in the same location. Thats one way to identify mates is see if their marks are in the same area. If someone looses their mate or they die then the other can mark someone else but they'd have more then 1 mark then. 

Rejections-

A Werebear can reject their mate but if they do they become irritated, animalistic, and aggressive. The rejected one becomes sad, depressed, and distant. They forever have a hole im their heart that hurts. It can be filled by marking another but the hollow pain will always be there. Some even die from the pain and sorrow. Both the rejected and the rejector have extreme aches and pains for a full month before the bond is completely gone. Its basically their bond being ripped from their bears souls. Their bear spirits will be more animal like and dangerous after the bond is gone. Once the bond is gone the mark fades. Its still there but faded, it does the same if the mate dies instead of being rejected. The bond can be repaired if the two renew the mark making it come back to full color.

Family Roles-

So usually in a wolfpack the male is the speaker and the one who leads. In a Werebear pack the Females are the revered and more respected gender. For they are the ones that care and nurture the rest. Any disrespect to a Female is an Insult to Werebear kind and looked down upon. Even in heat the Males try to restrain themselves and are very shamed if they fail to do so, even tho no one blames them since it was mainly instinct. There's not really "male and female jobs". You just tell the Elders what you would like to do and then its done. Weather its a hunter, a gatherer, a builder, or to watch and teach the children. The wife does usually take care of the cubs tho after their first transformation. Its Female Werebear motherly instincts tho their motherly instincts are 200 times more strong then a humans or a wolfs. No one is even allowed near the cubs until they finish their first transformation or the mother may attack. No one except the father and her other kids.