Chapter 14 Part 5- Not Really A Lunch Date

"As these are perilous times. I, Alpha Terrant, as the only power and ruling voice of the Terrant pack-" Terrant glanced up at his Father and smirked slightly. "For the protection of all pack members, any female pack member, 18 humans years or older, will be allowed to join the military-" another gasp from the crowd "-and all females whether part of the military or not will be required to enroll in a defense course."

"That is ridiculous!" Roland yelled. "The council has already made a decision on females in the military."

Terrant tilted his head slightly. "I'm over ruling it. As the council is currently inactive and you have been fired, this ruling is... legitimate."

"Alpha Terrant." Fay looked as though she was trying, and failing, to breath through her suppressed anger. "We have stated very good and competent reasons why females should not be allowed to be part of the military."

"What about Alpha Winters?" Yelled a pack member from the top row. There was a chorus of agreement and nodding heads.

"This is a council meeting, pack members are not allowed to state their opinion and need to be quiet! We have let you off before now, don't push the law." Roland yelled loudly, glaring up at the pack member who spoke out.

"Ah! But you are no longer part of the council Roland." Terrant said with a smirk. "So technically this is just a pack meeting." Roland opened his mouth and then shut it with a scowl.

"Alpha Winters would you like to speak on the subject of females in your military?" Alpha Terrant asked loudly, smiling at her.

'Aww.... this is why he wanted you to come.' her wolf said.

Chris cleared her throat. "Well there is a difference between females and males-"

"Ha! You see! Even a female Alpha doesn't use female's in her military."

"Silence Fay! You are disrupting an Alpha. You are lucky she has not taken offense from your rude tactics." Terrant growled, glaring at Fay who immediately lowered her head.

"As I was saying. There are differences but instead of ostracizing any gender from my military we have utilized and strengthened the differences. I have 45% of my military and 60% of my special ops team that are female." Chris said, smirking at Fay.

Suddenly the pack members were shouting angrily down at the council.

"Eat it Fay!"

"You have put us down for so long!"

"We deserve better!

"Good thing you are all fired!"

To which the council members started to shout back.

"Females are not stronger than men!"

"We have already overruled this!"

"Everyone stop yelling!"

Roland was calling for order.

The former Head Councilmember was watching the angry pack with a belittling look on his face. Ian was trying to get everyone to quiet down.

Fay was trying to yell for guards as some of the pack members were walking down the aisle yelling.

Terrant was staring at Chris. The intensity of his look was captivating and nerve wracking. She tried to look away but couldn't, he seemed to be asking a million questions and also nothing at the same time. The confusion she felt from this connection was scary. Her wolf went silent almost as though she was straining herself to hear something ... anything from him. The energy from their silent communication was palpable and almost deafening the violent outbursts around the room. There was a sudden hush around them as what looked to be an extensive silent message from Terrant brought everyone to silence and in a head bowed position... all except for Chris. Terrant finally looked away, turning back to his pack where he immediately released them from the Alpha's command.

Chris turned away from Terrant as well, 'what was that?' she asked her wolf, noting the concern she heard in her own voice.

'I-I don't know... it was intense, whatever it was.' Her wolf felt the same as her; confused and maybe a little scared.

'Shake it off Chris.' She said to herself.

'If it is something... I guess we will find out soon?' Her wolf said, trying to make light of the situation.

"Even though the council is dissolved, I do not want to hear about any kind of disagreements or fights because of previous rulings made by the council. We all have a lot more to worry about." Terrant snapped his fingers and his staff sprung into action. The gates at the bottom of the stairs were opened and the staff members walked up, handing out flyers. "This flyer explains everything that has happened here and how females should sign up for military and defense training. An email has already been sent to the rest of the pack." Terrant sighed and looked around at his pack. "We will be having more pack meetings like this. So I can hear first hand of any grievances that you have. I want our pack to be strong and the only way to do that is to be united. Whether you agree with my new regime or not, I want you all to know that I am only thinking of you and your families." Terrant gave one last meaningful look around the room before saying. " Meeting adjourned."

Terrant turned around as his pack members stood and bowed out of respect. He motioned Chris to walk with him. "Now which do you prefer? Steak? Or Steak?"

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny and ChelsieNielson