[19]

Jungkook swiftly got up from the bed, standing behind the door before I opened it to see who it was. It was just a hotel staff member giving out leaflets to new stayers. A sigh of relief escaped our mouths as I closed the door.

"It won't be long till they track us, we need to leave, now," I said, grabbing our suitcases while Jungkook still couldn't process the situation. We quietly left the hotel room, noticing the North Korean soldiers walk in with a line formation from the other entrance.

"We barely made it out on time," I spoke, shaking my head in disappointment of his reckless actions. "Well how was I supposed to know I had to be this careful," he said, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"We have to find another hotel before sunset, c'mon," I pulled his hand while having my other arm drag the suitcase. My stomach started to rumble, really hard, we hadn't had anything since we had woken up.

"Let's eat first," Jungkook suggested. My stomach was just like me, fucking loud, it wasn't hard to hear it rumble like crazy. I sat down with the suitcases on a bench near a tree while Jungkook went to buy food from a shop, I would've gone but he told me he could handle ordering food in english.

The scenery looked really similar to the part of the north that I grew up in, unknowingly memories flushed down my brain.

- "Yeol you won't guess what I managed to see! I saw the soldiers practicing fight skills, and your Chan managed to learn it!"

"Teach me teach me!"

"You'll never need to learn it, I'll always be there to protect you." -

He said he would protect me, I should've known it wasn't true. But I guess I'm not one to judge, we're all liars, aren't we? Or am I a lone sinner?

 But I guess I'm not one to judge, we're all liars, aren't we? Or am I a lone sinner?

"What are you thinking about?"

Startled at the sudden noise, my reflex was to quickly lift my head, crashing it straight against Jungkook's forehead.

"Ouch," we both groaned, rubbing our foreheads in pain. Before Jungkook could say anything I smelt the food from the bag he was holding, making me only care about that in the moment. I snatched it off of him, pulling out the sandwiches so fast you'd think I hadn't eaten in days. We finished the sandwiches and head off to find a place to stay.

"You know, since we can't find a hotel to stay in, we could just, you know, buy a tent," Jungkook spoke making me stop and stare at him.

"What?" He asked.