𝟸𝟿| 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Denouement (noun)

- the outcome or resolution of a doubtful series of occurrences.

~*~

I was delighted. Scratch that, I was beyond delighted. I was bloody thrilled. A college party sounded just marvellous. Trust Maya to get us into all the cool places. Her girlfriend, Francesca, invited Maya whenever they were having a party. Opportunely for me, I was great friends with her and finally accepted the invite she'd offered me infinite times. 

Because college parties were open to anyone who was in need of a good time; Nolan, Sabrina and Liam tagged along. Tammy was here with Mattia and I wondered how she convinced him to go out with her. Astrid and Bella said they'd show up later.

The fact that Liam was with me made me feel ten times better. Ever since last week when I accepted (and I say that lightly) that I had feelings for him, his mere presence seemed to constantly brighten my mood. I had a feeling that tonight was going to be one of memory-making. My best friend had a tight grip on his girlfriend's hand as he chuckled and transported her through the expansive doors.

The music was powerful as it welcomed me when I entered the boisterous house. Streamers were everywhere and lights flickered all around. There were so many bodies jammed together, dancing, grinding. People were drunk and laughed along with each other. I couldn't wait to get wasted. 

"I'm gonna go find Franny," Maya shifted closer to say in my ear, her voice practically drowning in the loud music. I nodded and she beamed before making her way to her girlfriend. Copious pairs of eyes regarded her as she sauntered away and I could fully understand why. She was stunning. 

I advanced further into the living room where most of the action was happening and I welcomed the gazes of many people burning against my skin. My intentions weren't to play around tonight. I was here to have fun. Decked in skintight leather shorts and a cropped tank top, I was feeling way too overconfident. Liam's hand stuck like glue to my bare lower back as he escorted me through the crowd, my sneaker-clad feet inaudibly squeaking on the wooden ground. 

Liam leant down to susurrate in my ear, his voice sultry against the side of my neck. "Can I trust you not to get in trouble while I go get something to drink?" I giggled, turning to wrap my arms around his neck and pulling him close. His eyes widened for a fraction before he grinned. "You're insane." With that, he tapped me on my ass before disappearing through the throng of people.

Standing in my spot, I began bouncing to the rhythm of the upbeat song. Just hearing it made me want to break into spontaneous dance moves but I elected to keep that to myself. Nobody needed to see the Dance Moms routines I practised when I was twelve. I twirled in a tiny circle before I located Sabrina and Nolan on the makeshift dancefloor. My best friend was letting free, his lanky frame swaying to the tempo of the song whereas his girlfriend stood stiff as a plank.