Starling City Chapter 1: Artemis Part 1

 It had been almost a year, since the death of Sara. The person responsible for her death was brought to justice. He was put to prison for life, but many felt that it wasn’t enough. Wounds and the pain of her loss had healed. Ray Palmer, a scientist who now runs Queen consolidated had asked Oliver Queen to join him at the office for a meeting. Oliver had agreed to coming to the building. He wondered why he was being asked to the building he once owned.

 It was now dark, and Oliver walked off the elevator and shakes Ray’s hand then followed him to the conference room. Ray looked at Oliver and said, “Right this way.”

 Ray goes to sit at the table where the Laptop was and pulled out some files and put them up on the screen. Oliver followed Ray to where the laptop was and hovered behind him and looked at the screen. He was shocked at what he was reading and said, “Where did you find these?”

 Felicity walked into the conference room and saw Oliver standing next to Ray, giving him a happy smile. She was happy to see Oliver considering everything that they’ve been through this past year. He could see that Oliver wanted to get down to business. In her hands there was a folder that Ray had asked for. Giving him the file folder and taking a chair next to both of them. Oliver sat in the chair to the right of Ray and said, “I decided to accept your invitation. I’d like to know why the invitation. It’s not like we haven’t seen each other in the past year.”

 Ray typed in the file name on the laptop and turned it around to face Oliver and said, “This is the reason, why I called you here. It was found on a hard drive that had crashed. Felicity helped me recover what was on it. After seeing what was on the drive I was in shocked at the weaponry that was being development and sold to companies.”

 “I have no knowledge of these weapons and if I had known about these I would have dealt with it and destroyed them.” Oliver replied looking at him with a serious look on his face.

 Felicity also went to see the screen and was shocked at what she was reading and wondered who created these weapon designs. Outside the window a drone was hovering silently, it had a Queen Consolidated logo on it. The drone got moved to get in line with the conference table. A man watched across the street and stood in the shadows, while controlling the drone. The person's name is Deadshot, he was hired to kill Ray Palmer. Oliver happened to be looking in the direction of where the drone had been hovering and shouted “Get down.”

Suddenly the building rained with bullets, just as the glass of the windows started shattering. A bullet hit Oliver in the left shoulder as he moved out of the way. Ray grabbed Felicity and pulled her down and covered himself on her, protecting her. He looked in the direction of the drone and thought of some way to stop the shooting.

Oliver crawled towards the ground heading towards the window where the drone was at. An arrow out of nowhere came and hit the drone, causing it to go through the broken window and crashed to the ground. Sparks were coming out of the drone and an unknown arrow stood out of it. As Oliver stood up slowly and wondered where the arrow had come from. He looked across in the direction of where the arrow had come from, holding his shoulder with his right arm keeping pressure on it.

 Ray stood up and helped Felicity to her feet then walked to where the drone and bent down to look at it. Oliver stood behind him and watched him look at the drone and noticed the company’s logo on it. They both gave each other a stern look. Felicity saw that Oliver had been hit and walked up to him and said, “Oliver you were hit.”