❣️ Part 2 ❣️

It's Nandini!!!

"Oh my god! U r the best!" with these words she ran n hugged him with full excitement n happiness.

I felt a pang of jealousy, hurt n betrayal, hearing n watching everything.
The one whom I loved with all my heart, whom I let into the deepest chamber of my heart, choked that chamber n blocked my heart. broke my heart into pieces.

What an acting Nandini! Faking love n care for me, playing with my feeling, spending time with me, But running into arms of ur best friend turned lover.
Wow! Just great!

Why? Why did u do this to me?
Is it becoz he's the son of a rich merchant, while I'm of a poor civil servant.

I'll show u that u did a mistake by doing this. By playing with my heart! ... by choosing that rich guy over the poor me.
Just wait!

And I left from there and entered the last, dark room of the building which used to be vacant n we friends used that as our hideout; the place where she planned the surprise proposal for me & where I brutally rejected her love!

...

The door clicked n the two teenage students walked out with their bags on the shoulder. They walked out the door along with Nandini while I stood up to keep my used utensil on the sink.
I was so zoned out in the flashback that I remain seated after finishing the food also.

I looked around the small open kitchen which has very fewer utensils and limited spices. With curiosity, I opened the tiny refrigerator kept at the corner. The size of it is 1/3rd of the one I own. So small.  Upon opening, I could find a dozen eggs on the upper self n about ten of different vegetables in less quantities.
I wonder how many days would all these last with a family of four-person feeding 3 times a day on it. ...Maybe a day or two.

The main door opened n closed. She walked in. I closed the freeze n walked out of the kitchen in two strides.

We stood there in complete silence while she looked at me and I, at her... I so wanted to engulf her in a tight hug n apologize for my stupidity... But I'm too late! Nothing can be changed!

I know!

Still, I came here to apologize to her for hurting her...

Even though we can't be together anymore, she's already moved on... too far. But, at least I'll ease the guilt killing me inside ever since I learn the truth.

When no one of us talks anything, I took the lead

"Let's sit" I walked ahead n got settled on the sofa. I slide to make space for her on this small sofa.

But instead, she pulled an armless chair and sat in front of me, eyeing me

"Why?" She spoke with so much emotions that I couldn't understand whether she's asking why am I here? or asking why I did that to her?

Not wanting our conversation to start with tears n sadness, I questioned her back softly, ignoring her question

"How r u doing?" She stares at me with those emotional eyes.

"Just contrast to the way you are" she replied twisting words which she never does.

Time really changes many things!

But I couldn't get what she actually means by that; Is she doing very good n very happy with her husband n her children? as I'm not at all doing any good. Whatever I might have said to her that night, how much of abuses n loathes I've spoken to her, how much did I try to hate her for playing with my heart which she never did actually... ... But I still love her to my death. I can't forget her no matter how much did I try!