XV

ARIA'S POV

I'm trying to teach Drake to befriend Sage... it isn't going to well. Sage keeps pulling on his clothes and hair. I don't think she likes him to much.

After a few more minutes Karter and Mason come out to see what's going on.

Mason starts laughing. "Drake, you ok?" He chuckles out. Karter slaps his arm.

"Do you guys need help?" She asks and I quickly nod.

"I don't think Sage likes Drake." I pick up sage and she hops on my forearm. "Sage you have to like Drake. He's my friend. Like Mason and Karter." Sage tilts her head at the two and glided over to them. Her wings have gotten better. She can't flap them yet though. "I think she likes you guys cause you found her. I think she is just jealous of Drake." Karter pets her head.

"Your a pretty bird." Sage nods her head hopping back to me.

"Sage I want you to be nice to Drake." She rests on my arm and I bring her closer to Drake. Drakes hair is slightly frizzled which just makes him look cuter. He slowly comes closer to Sage before patting her head. Sage somewhat nods in approval.

"Was that so hard Sage?" She chirps trying to flap her wings. "Sage your wing is still healing." I grab her long orange wings and hold them down. Luckily phoenix's are strong birds so this doesn't hurt her. Maybe just irritate her.

"Guys I'm going to go to the other side of the island. See if I can find anymore birds or Phoenixes that can help me train her." Mason and Karter nod.

"I'm going too." He pushes his hair back with his hand to make it look decent than grabs my hand pulling towards the trees. Sage cuddles into my chest, Lazy girl, and I bring my arm up to hold her.

"Drake?" He looks down at me. The height difference isn't that much though. Not like Karter and Mason. Karter is only about 5' 2 so she is super short and Mason is like a friggin giant.

"Are you going to leave after we get off of here?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"No. Me and Mason are going to probably come with you two to your preserve. We will have to go back to your brothers preserve. He'll want an update." He answers. I nod looking at sage before looking back up.

"So you are going to stay there while we go find Karter uncle and ex?" He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"We're not going to leave you guys to fight this on your own. Mason has become comfortable around Karter, and I've become more comfortable around you than anyone besides Mason. I'm not going to bail on you to fight a serious battle by yourself. And I'm sure your family won't leave you either." I nod.

"Yeah my brother and maybe parents might help. I know Karter's grandparents and parents will help." Drake squeezed my hand.

"And us. I don't know if the other group will help though." I nod. I lean into him as we continue to walk. Once we reach the other side Glacier comes to meet us.

"Hey buddy. Sorry Karter isn't with us." He snorts. "Do you know if there are any other Phoenixes?" He turns his head and starts walking to his cave. I turn towards drake and shrug. We start following him. When we get to the cave Glacier stops than continues. We follow him further in until we pass a small indent that has what looks like his nest. He keeps walking. He stops once he reaches another indent. The indent is glowing and that's when I realized a Phoenix that is definitely bigger than Sage is there.

"Um hello." I kneel next to the birds nest. I set Sage down. Sage steps up to the nest snuggling the bigger bird. "Oh. Are you her mother?" The big bird rubs Sage with her beak before pushing her out. "I was wondering if you could train her. She had a healing wing and I've never trained a Phoenix." The mama Phoenix nodded her head. Why are these birds so smart.