Chapter 40

The following few days fly by in the Kingdom of Tesalee. Artemis begins taking private lessons with Queen Analee which usually resulted in just time spent chattering. The queen was delighted to learn of Artemis and all her extraordinary abilities throughout their times together. She would tell her husband of all the tales of the young enchantress. 

The king was amused by his wife's excitement while he was struggling with his son. Caspian had a one track mind currently and it had nothing to do with his duties. The king hopes that once they are wed that he will be able to focus more properly on his own teachings. 

Artemis felt they she has created a home within these walls. The people she has met and interacted with are nothing but gracious towards her. The stories of her bravery showing her love for the royal family. King Casden has granted special access for her to travel in and out of the kingdom when ever she pleases. She has not yet left since arriving back with the mad king however was grateful for his accommodations. 

Navene has slipped easily into the roll of friend and guard to Princess Cassandra. They never seem to be apart which also means that Tesara has gained a new protected. She had no problems with this, she was more than pleased to have another person to play with. 

Goliath has remained glued to Queen Analee since his arrival back to the kingdom. Analee had grown very fond of her companion and would always make sure to let him be aware how much she cared for him. Vatalanie has since given the young couple some space and has been with the king. He was surprised at first to constantly have a wolf by his side. After the first few hours though, he too has become attached to the pack that now resides within the castle. 

Caspian's eagerness to wed Lady Artemis has driven the kingdom to perform a miracle. The royal couple pressing for a wedding in a weeks time. Everyone was happy to help with the wedding between the feast and the decorations coming together quickly. Caspian has spent most of the time with Lady Artemis learning of all her abilities while she learns of his childhood. 

"Lady Artemis?"

Artemis looks up from the mirror in her room. She has returned herself to her original silver dress and was picturing what to wear in a two days. The queen stood at the door looking amused at the young beauty, already able to read her thoughts. She graciously walks into the room while a maid follows behind laying something onto the bed. 

"What troubles you my dear?"

Artemis looks down while attempting to find the appropriate wording. She does not wish to offend the queen. Analee stands their patiently before stepping forward to take the young maiden's hands into her own. Artemis looking into her eyes. 

"My queen, I am unsure what I am to wear for the wedding. I do not wish to embarrass Caspian or you."

It is in moments like this that Analee smiles adoringly at her soon to be daughter in law. She has been nothing but humble and gracious since their first meeting. She tugs Artemis' hands leading he towards the bed. Artemis follows confused until she looks down. Her eyes going wide and her jaw slacks. 

Laying on top of the bed is a dress unlike any other. Her hand reaches down to run over the material feeling the silk on her fingertips. The queen stands their proud of the dress and happy of the reaction Artemis is presenting. She giggles softly under her breath at her expression.

"I found this material ages ago however never knew what exactly to make with it... It was to refine for my taste and would have been a waste on my husband." 

She shutters slightly picturing her husband in the material. Artemis looks up to the queen with glossy eyes. Words not expressing how much she loves the dress. It is a multicolor silk that is form fitting til reaching the hip then it straightens out. Their is stitching done on the bodice of the dress that looks familiar. Her fingers tracing over it.