The Cursed Forest

ARIEL'S POV

"Honey, we are here. Come on wake up." I heard my grandmothers voice.
She thought i was asleep. Well my eyes were closed but i couldn't sleep. It was happening from past 3 weeks since my parents died.
I am still not over it. They were my everything.
All my life they kept me protected in their cocoon. And now a car accident took them away from me.
I closed my eyes to prevent the tears from falling.
I dont want grandma to worry more about me.
I opened my eyes and looked at the small cottage in front of me.
It was definetly different than my home but it suited grandma.
I could not complain. Afterall i have to live my whole life with her in this cottage. In a new city, new state.

We walked out of the cab she had hired

She paid for the ride as i walked further exploring the surroundings.
It was beautiful. Sorrounded by trees. And the town itself was sorrounded by forests and lush green mountains.
Beautiful.

Grandma opened the door of the house with her key

We entered the little cozy cottage.
It was not as big but it was beautiful.
"Honey, your bedroom is the last one with a big window. Come lets take your things there." Grandma said.
She lived alone after my grandfathers death in this small town.
She was always there for me in my childhood.
She was very dear to me and i loved her very much.
She opened the door of the bedroom. It was cute. Comfortable for me to sit and read books all day.

 Comfortable for me to sit and read books all day

It had a window which gave view of forest.
I ran towards the window and tried to open it. But it was locked.
"Granny why is this locked?" I asked.
She looked confused as to what to answer.
"You know sweety, at times birds and bats can come in from the forest. So it is a rule in the city to lock all windows. And there are a few other rules i would like to tell you. But before that you can get fresh and we can unpack your stuff." She said giving me a smile.

After that we got freshened up and then we unpacked my stuff.

Now we sat near the kitchen.
"So what would you have for dinner?" She asked me.
"Umm i am not hungry granny." I said.
She sighed before holding my hands in her.
"I know its hard for you. Hard to forget. Hard to move on. But you know your parents Tony and Marie would never like you mourning and not eating. They want you to be happy. They want you to cheer up. You can take a tour of the town. Help me in bakery. Sit and read at the library. You can do many things that you like. Please dont let their death take a toll on you." She said with a little tears.

I nodded. I really need to move on.
She smiled before saying that she would make pasta. I liked pasta.

We were eating on the small table in the kitchen when she spoke,
"Honey, i want to tell you some rules first."
I looked at her signaling her ro continue.
"First no opening windows. And closing the doors at night.
Second, no going to the forest.
Third, no going to the castle, and fourth no roaming outside in the night."
She said.
"Why?" I asked.
"See love i dont wish to scare you but the forests and the castle are cursed. There is a huge dangerous beast in the castle who kills people. He is the king of evil with big nails and sharp canines and  red eyes. Just like some horror movie. It is not allowed to go to the forest because many times people have disappeared in the forest or even died. So i advice you to not go to the forest or the castle."

I took in all the information. I really had a wish to go to the forest. I had seen the castle for far. It was visible from my window.

After dinner i went to my room. I stood near the window and stared at the castle.

Only if she knew that someone else was also looking at her small cottage from far in the forest. Someone who's mind she had already captured.

Hey guys!
How did you like the first chapter?
I know it is small but i only wanted to give a background so i made it small. Next chapters will be long and i will update frequently due to quarantine.
If you dont like the cast then no problem. It is my imagination and you xan imagine your own characterers.
You can check out my other books.
Please vote and comment.