Chapter 29: Bromance

Mom and I have been busy the whole week preparing for the show. I helped her with everything and took over the public relations team for the articles that should be released, Mom's interviews with the press, the release of her collections online that shall drop that same night and even the biggest people in the industry that are invited for the said event.

I have been trained and was handling the public relations department for quite some time now. Oftentimes, when the team doesn't have much to do, I leave everything to my subordinates and their superiors to decide as I helped with my father's business- particularly in the procurement department.

I've been juggling quite a lot of workload for awhile now and I will be lying if I don't admit that this is indeed draining.

My Dad has a few managers for that particular department but when I graduated, Dad gave me the power to supervise and make decisions within the team.

It's surprising that I still have time to flirt around with Luke with all that's happening in my life just to stop thinking about Bright.

I started this habit of mine as my parents trained me while I was studying and I unconsciously did these things flawlessly upto this day. It was my way to stop thinking of the what ifs and could have been's; to stop regretting everything that has happened in my life.

The day I left Bright in that cubicle, I kept on thinking about his words and what he said that the situation wasn't like I thought and it ignited pure curiosity inside me. In the end, I slapped every thought that came to mind as I forced myself to sleep. I had to remind myself that I'm happy now without hiding anything from the people I care for. I'm happy now that I'm not hiding in anyone's shadow and I can truly express what I am.

Because if I learned something from that experience, that is to express yourself more; the most beautiful art is self expression.

I was always in the rehearsals of the models for the past days and I noticed how he attended only once - not to mention that was the day before the show.

I pointed that out to Mom and she informed me that Bright always do that in every show. He doesn't need to rehearse like the others because he's always the main model that will do the last walk for every set of collections that will be revealed in any show.

I couldn't deny the fact that his skills in modeling are undeniably good but I also couldn't accept the fact that he's not being professional for not going to rehearsals like this one.

"Win, don't be late later." Mom reminded me as we eat our breakfast. I decided to stay in our house just for today because I can't sleep that much for days when I'm in my penthouse. His pained expression kept on appearing whenever I close my eyes and I hated it.

I lazily nodded as I sliced the pancake in front of me before taking it in my mouth. I chewed on it and listened to my parents talking when my phone beside me rang.

It displayed Sinee's name and I quickly picked it up as I excused myself to take the call.

"Hello Sinee?" I started and opened the door to the pool area.

"Oh my gosh Win, have you read the articles and tweets for today!?" she shouted on the other line.

"What? Why, what's happening?"

"Win, Bright's manager in Thailand got arrested earlier! It's all over the news!" she screamed and I gently nodded as I listened to her. "This is insane!"

"Okay...but why are you telling me this?" I asked, bothered by her sudden burst of emotions.

"Well duh, I saw your picture with Bright when you went to the beach!" she shouted and my eyes widened as I paid more attention to her.