2: Welcome The Sorrow, You Welcome The New.

I gulped down air at my sudden wake from my sleep and sat up to look around the room. Someone mumbled next to me and my eyes landed on him. Cal snuggled farther into the blanket and pillow mumbling something as he did so.

My thoughts were so clouded from my dream that I felt dizzy. I needed air badly. Lifting the blanket from my tangled legs I slowly get out of bed without waking the snoring grizzly bear next to me and exited the room.

At my sudden dizziness I nearly fell but gripped the wall for support. I'll be damned if I was still going through my 'episodes' that Cal told me about when he first started living with me. He had said that it seemed if I fell asleep anywhere besides the bed and he would wake me up and I would seem to be in a different world.

He never told me what I was like though; all I know is that I acted weird. Those 'episodes' that he would mention was the only thing that kept me sane from the fact the my mom was gone. Right then and there is when I stopped myself. I would not allow myself to think to much about her because if I did then I would cry and when I cry I become weak. Also because I chose not to cry, the last time I had was when I was crying at the front step of the house, yelling at the couple that once lived here to get out.

I stood up and walked off to the kitchen to get a glass of water, wanting to flush my clouded thoughts away and that's exactly what I did. Taking my glass I put ice cubes in it and filled it with water then drank it down in less than a minute.

I then went back into the room to get dressed into skinny jeans and purple hoddie. It was nearly burning hot out there but I had learned that the thicker the clothes you wear the harder it is for them to bite you and sink their teeth into your skin. I had to get dressed today for we had to go out and get more supplies; we were running low on toilet paper, apple juice because it was my favorite and calmed me, along with clothes. I was running low considering the bloodstains are hard to get out and the rips I didn't know how to sew back together.

My stomach rumbles throughout the quiet room and my head snaps toward Cal to see if he awoke by the sound; he shifts as the blanket slides down his body and his shirt the opposite, revealing a strong stomach with abs. I resist the urge to walk over and touch it, I merely continue what I'm doing.

I don't even know why I bother to be quiet while he is sleeping he doesn't even be quiet while I'm asleep! He's always blasting music and being loud so why should I even bother? I slam the drawer shut and walk out the room, pleased with myself.

Every morning I would always cook breakfast because, you know, it helps start off the day and help you fight off the awful zombies out there. So that's exactly what I did; I went to the kitchen to make toast and fry some bacon and eggs. When the food was done I had sat down and ate while leaving Cal to sleep, I wrapped his food and put it in the microwave for when he wakes.

Once I was done I went into the back rooms to prepare to go out. I opened the door to see our stock, I smirk at the guns. Wanting to get my hands on one I stepped forward while turning on the light and made my way into the room grabbing the first gun that was in my reaching point.

It was a Glock. Not my favorite one but I like it because it was fairly simple for my taste. Now my favorite was, of course, a machine gun but Cal never let me use it. He said that I could hurt myself. I rolled my eyes at him, he thinks that I can't handle things, little does he know, I can handle a lot.

Putting ammo, guns, a first aid kit, knifes of all sorts, gloves and other things into a box I pick it up, slightly stumbling, and took it out into the living room. Sitting the heavy box on the coffee table next to the couch I let out a breath of relief for not dropping the box on my feet.

I stared at the box as I felt someone's eyes on me, "Your foods' in the microwave." I glance up and turn my head to look at Cal. His hair was messy from his sleep and he was scratching at his side, yawning from his sudden wake. I was surprised he hadn't been up earlier because he usually wakes at the smell of food, pacifically bacon.