Harry Potter's Pen Pal Book Two: Harry Potter's Dark Mentor

Prologue

"Harry," Remus said calmly, "we'd like to have a word with you and Tom."

Harry frowned. "Should I be worried?"

"Yes," said Sirius, grinning.

Remus glared at him. "No."

Not able to tell whether Remus meant "No, you don't have to be worried" or "No, Padfoot" (more likely the latter), Harry went up the stairs to Tom's bedroom.

"Yeah?" his boyfriend called when he knocked.

"Moony and Padfoot want to talk to us."

"Should we be worried?"

"Er... I don't know," Harry admitted.

The door opened and Tom stood there. He had a book under his arm and was wearing The Nightmare Before Christmas footies.

Harry grinned. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to wear that in front of Padfoot."

Tom looked down and blushed. "You're right."

"Aren't I always?"

Tom gave him a deadpan look before disappearing back inside his room.

Two minues later he emerged, wearing black skinny jeans and a tight black t-shirt. "Ready?" Tom asked, blushing at Harry's hungry look.

Harry shook himself and lead his boyfriend down the stairs.

Sirius and Remus were waiting for them in the library. Harry assumed the conversation was going to be uncomfortable, so his godparents decided to have the discussion in a place Harry and Tom felt comfortable in.

"Remus, Sirius," Tom greeted as he sat down in an armchair across from the werewolf.

"What did you want to talk about?" Harry asked as he sat down ⎯ on Tom's lap.

"You might not want to sit there during this... talk, Harry," Remus said carefully, which stopped Sirius' sniggers.

"Aw, Moony, you ruined it!" Sirius complained as Harry sighed and sat down on the arm of the armchair instead.

Remus glared at him and Sirius quickly shut his mouth.

"Harry," Remus said slowly, as if he were thinking very carefully about what he was going to say, "you're going to be fourteen in a few weeks."

"Yes..." Harry said, not understanding what Remus was talking about. He didn't see Tom's expression, which was a mixture between amusement and panic.

"When a..." Remus paused, "...child turns fourteen, especially if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend-"

"For Merlin's sake, Moony, you're going to slow," Sirius interrupted. "We want to have The Talk, pup."

Harry and Tom turned stark white.

"Padfoot! I was trying to make it less awkward!"

------------

"That was the worst thing I have ever had a discussion about," Harry said hoarsely, his face gray. He glared at Tom, who was still a mixture between amused and embarrassed. "And it didn't help that you were smirking almost the whole time!"

"It's the first time you haven't teased me about our relationship; I wanted to take advantage of that," Tom snorted. "You'll be happy to know I was just as horrified as you were ⎯ probably more."

Harry slowly grinned, and Tom groaned. "You were worried I'd tease you, sweetheart? Well-"

"Harry, I swear, if you don't shut up right now-"