8.

A/N: ayee another update ;) if you guys comment a lot and get to 200 comments on this update I'll give you another update too hehe

Cage's POV

I lean against the wall outside the shower room, my arms folded across my chest, waiting for that Alex girl to finish her shower.

She had been in there for far too long. Usually I would get annoyed, but I understand that she probably wants to use the water to wash away her memories of yesterday.

I was down in isolation when I heard screams. They were far away and it was so dark but I knew where it was coming from. My protective instincts kicked in and I had to find this girl. I couldn't let another girl be hurt by these pigs.

They all think I'm some rule follower just because I don't want to sleep with an unwilling girl. They disgust me.

I knew from the moment I saw her that she'd get herself in trouble without even trying. She's beautiful, with her silky ebony hair and a really hot body.

Beautiful people don't do well here.

There is something more to her though, something dark and exciting. But I have to keep my distance, while still making sure she doesn't get hurt.

I wish I could protect everyone in here. They may have done bad things, but they don't deserve to be tortured by those sorry excuses of men.

When I saw Grant pulling this girl up by her hair and offering her to me like she was some kind of object, I saw red. I wanted to beat him to a pulp because of the pure terror that I saw in this girls eyes.

"Uh, sir?" a voice calls and I turn to find Alex. She's soaked, with water dripping down onto her naked body. She uses her arms to cover her private parts.

Her skin looks so smooth and glossy. It makes it so hard to not stare.

"What?"

"Is there a towel I can use? Also, could I get new clothes since Grant kind of tore the ones I had on?" she asks, looking uncomfortable and cold.

"Yeah, yeah okay. The towels and things are at the end of the hall. Stay in here and don't move okay?" I tell her.

Her eyes widen. "No, no, please. Don't leave me alone," she whispers.

I sigh and glance around to make sure nobody is coming. "Fine," I mumble and then unbutton the top of my uniform and pull it off.

I smirk when I notice her eyes trail down my body and she bites her lip. "Stop staring," I demand and hold out my shirt for her. She blushes.

I look in a different direction so that she can take the shirt without exposing herself to me.

She takes it and, a few seconds later, she tells me that it's on. I turn to look at her and I get a weird feeling in my stomach, like it is doing somersaults.

It's too big for her frame, but it looks so damn good. My eyes scan over her body, taking in the water dripping down her face, my sleeves almost completely covering her hands and how good her legs look. My shirt is sticking to her wet body, showing me more than I should see.

I feel myself getting slightly turned on.

"Stop staring," she quips, a small smile on her face.

Even if she was willing, I do not get involved with inmates. It would be a stupid and irresponsible thing to do, especially because they are all crazy and in here for a reason.

I roll my eyes and start walking down the hall, knowing she will follow me, which she does.

As I walk, I think back to high school. I remember seeing her in the library, but I never knew her name.

Man, she was so pretty and somehow she got even prettier. She was always alone though, maybe because she liked it that way.

Maybe because she was planning a murder.

I shake my head and pull myself out of my thoughts as I reach the end of the hallway, where the supply closet is.

I use my key to unlock it and pull it open, grabbing a new uniform and a towel. I turn to Alex and she is unbuttoning my shirt.

My eyes widen as she pulls it off right in front of me. I quickly shove the towel and her clothes in front of her, so that I don't get tempted to look.

I do not want the image of her naked body stuck in my mind every time I see her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Is being assaulted twice not enough for you?" I hiss.

She looks up at me innocently, taking the towel and clothes out my hand and handing me back my shirt. "It's okay. You're a good person. I know you won't hurt me."

I turn around to let her change.

She thinks I'm nice, which is bad. She might not take me seriously and if I'm going to be her guard, she needs to know who is boss.

I turn around just as she finishes buttoning her clothes up and I walk up to her. She doesn't take a step back, which means she's not scared of me.

I shove her back against the wall, making her gasp. Then I grab her wrists and pin them up against the wall so she doesn't move.

"I could hurt you really badly," I whisper in her ear. "I'm a good person, but only to those who deserve it. If you step out of line for a second, I won't hesitate to put you in your place."

She goes silent, her breathing heavy. Her eyes rake over my still shirtless body.

"You can put me wherever you want," she tells me.

I punch her in the stomach, knocking the air out of her lungs. She bends over, groaning. "What the—"

She's a murderer. "Don't flirt with me. Don't talk to me. Don't ask me for favours ever again because the answer will be no. Do you think this is a joke? I'm not going to get soft for you. You're a killer. You don't get the good side of me. Get that in your head."

I hate doing this. I hate hurting people, but if I don't, nobody will take me seriously. I need to be a lot tougher.

She nods, still bent over. She slowly stands and avoids looking at me.

"I was wrong, okay?" she says under her breath.

"About what?"

"About you being a nice person."

Good. I don't need her to think I'm nice. I just need her to do what I say.

"Whatever, let's go."

0•0•0•0•0

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I don't know.

Qotd: what is something that you're passionate about?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx