Sixty Five

The ring sparkles under the fluorescent lights as I stare at it in awe. Never did I think that I would get married. It is rare for a wolf to move further than being marked. 

My eyes stay on my ring finger as the diamond ring plants the road for our future ahead. He wants everyone werewolf or not to know that he is mine. He is spoken for and no one will intervene with our love. 

Hunter leads me into the hallway where Andrew and Ken are waiting. 

Andrew does not wait for an answer as he looks at my hand and his arms wrap me into a big hug. He lifts me up into the air as if I were light as a feather.

"I can't believe you're all grown up!" He smiles at me and I see that his eyes are watering as he sets me down.

"Why are you crying?" I whisper not wanting my emotions to surface as well.

He can't get emotion then he'll make me emotional.

"Because-" with no more words his tears start flowing, "I'm just so happy for you," he sobs.

Not the waterworks, be a man Andrew!

"Man up Andrew you're worse than a girl," Ken pats Andrew's back and Andrew wipes his tears.

"Congratulations Alpha Blake," he bows his head to me and I nod at him.

"Thank you," I whisper back at him not trusting my own voice.

"Adrian, congrats brother!" Ken hugs Hunter and I stare at them. They have more than an alpha and beta relationship they are like siblings, just like Andrew and I.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be my best man, that's a thing right?" Hunter looks at me and I shrug.

I have never attended a wedding in my life so this is new to me as well.

"I think so," I turn to Andrew. "Do you want to be my maid of horror?"

"Mel, I even know that's wrong. Its maid of honor and plus it is a girl's position," he states in a matter of fact tone.

"You know better than anyone that I don't have any female friends and if I did none of them would know me as well as you." I point out and he nods as if the realization is barely hitting him.

"I think I will be your maid of horror." He smiles at me and I give him a quick hug. "Come Angie wants to see the ring." He pulls me away from Hunter and a piece of me yearns for him to come and hold me.

Andrew leads me to a huge room. There are seats scattered all around, a pool table, and the wall at the end is covered in books. Everyone is there relaxing and enjoying other people's company. 

Angie is talking to a brunette by the fireplace. She looks so bubbly talking to her, she has a huge smile on her face and it seems as if she can sense Andrew in the vicinity her eyes dart to our direction.

"Andrew," she drops her conversation and runs to us. She wraps her arms around Andrew and he kisses her head. "Did she say yes?"

 "Did she say yes?"