Inner Demons

Mona felt sudden jolts from the blasts and with it came pain in various parts of her body.  She woke up with a start, her mother still cradling her.

"They're hurting you again, my dear. Those imbeciles!" Her mother whispered harshly. 

"Mom? What is happening??" Mona asked quizzically.  The shots of pain in her body were grappling her.  She fought and managed to stand. 

"They are trying to kill you, Mona.  Show them your power!  Smite them!  Make them pay!" Claire expressed hatefully.  All of a sudden,  Mona seemed to see her caring mother has turned to a different persona.  A vile and hateful person. That is what she's seeing now.

"Mona!?! Mona! I know you're in there... " a voice called her.   Deep and clear and strong.  Her father's!

"Dad? is that you?" she called back but she can't see anything.

"Don't listen to! It's not your father Mona.  It's a lie!  Listen to me!" She grabbed her face so that their eyes meets. It was pitch black.

"He will lure you to lower your defenses then will strike at you! Kill them before it happens! Kill them or they'll kill you!" Her mother screamed at her face, Mona stepped back. 

"Mona, please come back!  Sweetheart,  wake up!  It's me,  your Dad!  Come back to us!!" Mona heared his father's voice, pleading. 

She faced to where the voice is coming from and a part of thr wall clears out giving her a view of the outside world.  There she saw her father,  Alpha William,  Troy and Tristan  in front of her.

"Enough Mona.  Come back now..."  Bill said,  his hands outstretched.

She swung her head around and saw destruction.  Collapsed buildings,  unrecognizable terrain,  dead men around and the wounded being attended by the medics. She backed down.  Her knees suddenly lost its energy to stand up.

"Is this my doing?" She said terrified.  Her mother stood behind her and whispered to her ear.

"Yes my sweet.  You are bound to destroy them. Just like what the Luna had been saying.  You did this and you should be proud!" Goosebumps rose in her body.  The sight outside is terrifying plus the way her mother whispered in her ear.  Mona cannot believe that she's hearing this from her mother.    Her town has been reduced to ruins,  her pack dying because of her! She can't breath,  she don't know what to do. She heard her father pleading at her to stop.  But she can't feel her body, something is not right.  Her mother speak up,  holding both of her shoulders now, shaking her the life out of her.

"Don't listen to him!  He is a liar.  He will fool you and use you.  He's just there because he will die if he won't do anything.  The unbreakable bond is consuming him everytime they attack you.  Which only means,  when you die,  he will die too. In fact,  all of them are just pretending to help you,  but the truth is,  they are all afraid to die. Don't believe any of them!  Destroy them!" Her mother said fiercely.

She shook her head and removed her mother's hands on her, unbelieving. She leaned on the wall, feeling tired and in disbelief.  How could her mother say that to the men who loved her and to the pack that owned her?   How could she?  Claire approached her and whispered some more to her ear, totally corrupting her mind until a purple cloud sorrounds her and started draining her conciousness.

The beast seemed to listen to Bill.  It stopped moving as if absorbing Bill's words, its features softening.  Suddenly,  it turned wild again,  it swat Bill down under its paws,  William was shoved aside, he was thrown three meters away.  Troy and Tristan barely escaped.  Spears were shot to the beast, making it wilder.