Death can come in groups of three

Veraph woke up once again, though this day was different. He was strong, he was better then before. He could control the monsters around him and bend them to his will. He was the paladin's secret weapon. Veraph had achieved a different title now. He was The Order's Holy Necromancer. He should have been scared. Nothing had happened like this ever before. He was sulken and dark but one thing stayed in the front of his mind: He had power; he had more power then anyone else.

        He had been training more and more. Practicing the act of raising the skeleton guard again and again. What Veraph was so afraid of only a week or two before had now become common practice to him. He found it funny when he was demonstrating his new power to the paladins, as soon as the bony hand ripped out of the earth, they all jumped back. One of the newer paladins tried to attack it, and it took a while to get it under control.

        Veraph knew from the second he thought about the full range of his powers that fighting would be completely different. If he could control the dead, he may have a chance of finding answers to why the dead rose? and what power let it happen? Maybe he could use this oppurtunity to stop this once and for all. He could free everyone from their dangerous and depressing lives if he just had enough power.

On the battle field this fact was only proven more. He had evolved from the elite to a category all his own. He would step on to the battle field dressed in a night black robe, pull up his sleeves, and as darkness came from his arms, and the spheres he controlled changed sizes rapidly, so did a pair of skeletons rise from the cold, hard ground to protect and serve him. Veraph would grab one of the floating spheres from out of midair and lob it into the middle of the heaviest of the quarrels. Both he and his skeletons would then proceed to reach that point, slashing and cutting down the opposition in their way.

Veraph had gotten good at using his power. Soon he thought very little of raising the dead and the groups movements were in harmony. Veraph slashed at one enemy, his own dead would block a sword strike while Veraph and the second skeleton would still cut. They all protected each other and even though they were only his reanimated skeletons, he found a weird sense of brotherhood in them when they fought side by side.

Veraph made it his promise that he would get anwsers to the questions that were unknown to everyone else. Why the dead rose and how to stop it. After the day of fighting, he lay on his bed, thinking about those questions. He would get them answered and find out the truth. With that, he closed his eyes and drifted into a deep sleep, darkness emanating from around him.