The Dangers of Becoming Attached (One Direction, Kind of AU, Niam)

I guess you could say they had seen this coming. Not that it's a good thing this happened, just that it was long coming.

Liam had been a little off the hood ever since he saw the scratch marks on Niall from a few of their fans. He got more and more protective of the Irish boy, to the degree that it was almost an obsession to protect the boy from any harm that could ever come to him. Liam was never far from Niall's side these days. He took to fights a lot more. His instincts from when he boxed as a child kicking in. Liam has punched a few more paparazzi's in the past few months than he would like to count.

The band was slowly gaining a bad name because of Liam, who used to be the sensible, calm, level-headed one of the bunch. Nobody could even fathom this happening. Not from the intelligible one of the 'fab-five'. Not from any one of them really.

But there they stood, semi circled around a corpse of a fallen paparazzi, who's hand had come a little too close to Niall's face for Liam's liking. Blood was splattered on Liam's arms, and coated the Swiss army knife a fan had given him as a present mere hours before, intending no harm to come out of it, because Liam was the sensible one. All eyes locked onto Liam's figure, who's eyes were trained on the body in front of him. 

Niall was the first to speak up, his voice shaking uncontrollably.

"Liam mate, what have you done?"