Chapter One - The Events Leading Up To the Present

Thursday, November 29th, 2012. 8:45am.

Liam was awoken with a start, early morning that day. He had a blonde haired boy jumping on his bed and a curly haired lad to his right, screaming at the top of his lungs.

No matter how hard Liam tried to fall back into his peaceful sleep, the next words out of the blondes mouth had him up and at attention right away.

"It's our day off, so Haz and I are going out. I don't care if you come with me, but i'm going out." Niall sighed, he hated how he had to tell Liam his every move now a days. It was almost at the ridiculous level.

"No I have to come with you. Give me two minutes sunshine." Liam said, disappearing into the bathroom of his solo hotel room. 

Niall and Harry shared an exasperated look before settling down on the bed to wait for Liam to re-emerge. 

Harry leaned a little closer. "Niall this is getting ridiculous. You shouldn't have to tell Liam of all people what you're doing." Harry whispered, eyes flashing back to the closed bathroom door.

"It's either I tell him and have to drag him along or I get constant phone calls as to why I entered a certain building." Niall sighed back. Harry raised an eyebrow at Niall.

"But how would he know?" The curly haired boy questioned.

Niall simply just pulled out his Iphone and brought up a app. "He has a GPS tracker on me." Niall handed Harry the phone, who just stared down at the blinking blue light that indicated the exact spot in a building Niall sat.

Before Harry could comment back, Liam re-emerged from the bathroom, fully dressed and ready to go. 

"Alright, where to today mates?" Liam asked, a huge smile spreading across his face. Harry and Niall shared one last look, before Niall locked his phone and stood from the bed, Harry following along close behind. 

"We thought we'd do a bit of shopping. We haven't much free time before Christmas rolls around, and Harry's mum wants some candies that can only be purchased in America." Niall told Liam as he walked through the open doorway to the hallway that Liam held open for Niall, before Liam quickly locked the door behind all of them and sprinted in front of the two boys and led the way down to the lobby.

They were on the twentieth floor, but Liam insisted they took the stairs.

"Liam I don't see why we cannot just take the god damn elevator." Harry huffed out, ten floors down. 

"Because elevators are susceptible to breaking and we could fall to our deaths in that god awful metal beast." Liam explained, not even slightly out of breath.

Niall sighed again, shaking his head when Liam had turned back around. Harry looked almost ready to smack Liam and make him fall down the rest of the flights.

The trio finally made it down all the sets of stairs and entered the lobby of the hotel, but not before Liam checked to make sure the body guards were all doing their proper job, before swinging an arm around the blonde's shoulder protectively. Paul opened the front door for them and then closely followed behind them.

Liam practically swallowed Niall into his body as they walked through the five fans waiting outside the hotel, before gently ushering Niall in the seat of their van, sliding in right beside Niall. 

Harry actually stopped for the fans, explaining that Niall wasn't feeling well and Liam was in daddy direction mode and then gave autographs and photos and whatever else the girls wanted, as an apology for Liam's awful behaviour, before getting into the van as well.