37 "Just some girl"

Two weeks later, Tara went into labour, Devon called us in the middle of the night when I had been peacefully dreaming, wrapped up in Hunter's arms.

Apparently she 'wasn't coping too well' which I had to laugh at, I felt sorry for Devon, Tara was hard enough to deal with on a regular day, I dread to think what she would be like in labour.

Christine and Devon are in the delivery room with her, as me and Hunter wait patiently in the waiting area.

Almost two hours have passed since we arrived back from New York which is insane. How long could it possibly take to pop out a couple of kids?

Hunter is a nervous wreck, worried for both his baby nieces and his sister. There's an anxious excitement bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I just want them to be here right now.

"Please, stop pacing," I say and Hunter stops in his tracks. "Everything will be fine."

"Should it take this long? I don't get why they're not here by now." He answers and I shrug. I have no answers for him.

"Hunter, Emily." Christine smiles at us from the doorway, making Hunter rush to her.

"How is she? How're the babies?"

"Tara's fine, one baby is happy and healthy, the other needed a little oxygen but he's going to be okay"

Relief floods through us both instantly then I suddenly realise what Christine said.

"He?"

Christine smiles. "Seems like little Arlo wanted to be a surprise." She laughs running a hand over her face. She looks exhausted and she didn't even do any of the actual labour part. I can't wait to see how Tara looks. Maybe for once in her life, she won't be perfectly prim.

"Arlo? That's what they called him?" Hunter asks.

Christine shrugs. "Apparently, it just came to them."

"It's nice," I say with a wistful smile thinking of all the possible names I could name my very own baby boy.

When or if it even happens.

"It is" Hunter agrees placing an arm around me and tugging me into him, he plants a soft kiss firmly on my forehead probably thinking about the same as I am.

"Tara did good, you should have seen her, she was amazing," Christine informs us with a proud grin. "Devon on the other hand..."

"What did Devon do?" Hunter asks.

Christine bursts into a fit of giggles and I can't help but feel the same amount of joy as her.

"I fainted" Devon interrupts us looking like he's about to die.

Me and Hunter laugh at his expense. He looks so tired, bless him. It's rather amusing. I can't wait for the coming weeks, the sleepless nights and the diaper changes. It's going to be so much fun to watch... Okay so I'm being mean but it'll be amusing none the less.

"You fainted? Fucking hell bro!" Hunter chuckles loudly.

"Alright, alright. Fuck off" Devon rolls his eyes collapsing into a nearby chair. He knows Hunter will never let him live it down.

"Enough of that language, now that the babies are born, they won't be hearing any of that!" Christine admonishes both boys and they actually look guilty.

You wouldn't think one was her grown-up son and the other had just become a dad himself.

"Congratulations Devon," I say as I move out of Hunter's arms and go to hug one of my closest friends. "I'm so happy for you both"