XXV

As I pulled into the spot where my car had been sitting previously, the sun was almost done setting, darkness setting upon the land. I noticed Mrs. Somer's blonde head peaking out from behind one of the curtains, as if she were waiting for me. I felt a bit of guilt in my stomach, I told her I'd be back before dark. Not bothering with my items, I made my way inside, worried that I have upset Mrs. Somers.

"I was so worried." She met me at the door, pulling me into a hug. I inhaled sharply, taken a back by her sudden affection. Slowly, I relaxed in her hold, bringing up my arms, palms resting on her back.

"I'm sorry. I thought I'd make it back in time."

"You did." She said, squeezing me a bit harder before releasing me, holding my shoulders at arms length. "I just worry too much." She gave me a grin. "So how was your day. Find anything nice?" She asked and I gave her a wide grin back.

"I actually got you something." I said, gesturing for her to follow me.

"Oh Deary, I don't expect you to get me anything."

"I know," I said, opening the passenger door. "But I wanted to." Grabbing one of plastic pots, I gently pulled the plant out of the car, careful that I didn't knock any of the petals off.

"Oh my goodness, they are beautiful." Carefully inspecting them.

"I was thinking we could plant them outback." I voiced my thought, nodding to the rest of the flowers in the car.
"The lady at the store said that they were easy to take care of and could be planted in the fall. If we have a few extra, we can even plant some out front." I watched at she took the plant from me, only to set it down and pull me back into her arms.

"Oh Honey, I love them. You are so thoughtful! Thank you so much!" I hugged her back easier this time, not hesitating to put my arms around her in return.
"Now," she pulled back with a grin, clasping her hands together, "let's get these in the house." She picked the plant and inspected it once more.
"Oh I can't wait to get these in the ground!" She started heading into the house and I ducked my head in the car to grab another. As I did, I remembered the medication bag that was on the passenger seat. Grabbing it, I chucked it into the glovebox, reminding myself that I would grab it later.

Together, we brought in the flowers and bags, setting them in the kitchen. The smile on her face as she look at the variety of colors made it worth it. She was happy with something as simply and inexpensive as flowers. She didn't want the 'finer things' in life. They jewels, the gold, the money. No, she liked things that actually meant something to her. She didn't value money, she valued thought, time, effort and love. She was beautiful on the inside and out, someone who I wanted to be.

I offered to help with the rest of dinner but she shooed me away playfully, telling me to bring my purchases up there, in which I did. I respected her, not only because it was morally right but because I actually respected her for who she was and what she represented.

Once I was done putting those items away, I remember the forgot pills in the car. I felt bad that I was sneaking them into the house, treating them as if they were an illegal substance or contraband but I couldn't help it. I didn't want them to know that I had to take medications to even function like a normal human being. I was ashamed, embarrassed of the thought of them knowing. They treated me no different and I didn't want that to change. They can't know.

Now would be the best time to bring them in. With Maverick our of the house, Mrs.Somers busy with dinner and Mr. Somers no where to be seen, I have a less of a chance of getting caught. The only difficulties I would have would be to get passed Mrs. Somers,  since you had to pass the kitchen to go outside and to get to the stairs.