Chapter 5: Church

Kat woke up to her alarm going off and groaned in protest, burying her face in the pillow. She reached out blindly to shut it off but heard a smash and frowned, picking her head up.

Her alarm was completely smashed, wiring sticking out and all. A hand slowly moved away from it. Not her hand. Her eyes widened and she squeaked, jumping back and falling out of bed, landing on her butt and dragging the blankets with her

Nex groaned and reached out to find a blanket but they were all on the floor with Kat. He lifted his head enough to glare at her over the edge of the bed.

"What the hell, kitten? Don't be a blanket hog."

Kat blinked slowly before finally jumping up, clutching the blankets around her. She'd changed to a skimpy tank-top and shorts before bed because the wine made her too hot to sleep in the layers she'd been wearing. Not only that but Nex was also barely dressed, only wearing boxers. He was a lot more sculpted than she noticed before but now was not the time to notice too much.

"What are you doing in my bed??" She demanded.

"Until you send me home, this is our bed," Nex corrected, propping himself up on his elbow. "I don't have anywhere else to sleep. So, you better start coming up with a name or you'll be sleeping with me every night. I'll just warn you right now, I sometimes get affectionate in my sleep," he said, smirking and nodding to the blankets. "Drop the blankets, kitten, it's not as if you're naked and I already got to see you when I snuck in."

"You're horrible!" Kat groaned keeping the blankets around her as she stomped away from the bed to her closet.

"Not sure why that would be a surprise, I am a demon after all. Why are you getting up so early anyway? Don't you humans usually sleep in on the weekends?" Nex asked, tucking his hands behind his head and lounging back on the bed.

"None of your business," Kat snapped, grabbing a dress from the closet before going over to her dresser, carefully pulling out underwear so he wouldn't see.

"Don't bother hiding the underwear, kitten," Nex said. "I already went through it and there's nothing impressive in there. You should seriously consider getting some lingerie. You have a nice body if you just stop hiding it."

"You're disgusting!" Kat hissed. "Don't go through my things!"

"I had to," Nex shrugged, sitting up. "I had to find space for me to move in my own clothes since I don't know how long I'll be stuck here thanks to you."

He was trying to get a rise out of her, frustrate her enough to give in. She recognized it and refused to give him the benefit so she just went into the bathroom.

As she started taking off her clothes she considered he might come in while she was showering, just to mess with her. She bit her lip and decided she could skip a shower so just got dressed quickly and put on light makeup. There was nothing to do about the mess that was her hair so she put it back in the best bun she could manage.

She came out and he was going through her closet. She sighed and ignored him, trying not to touch him as she grabbed flats to wear with her dress, finding he'd already stashed the closet with some clothes.

"This wardrobe looks like it belongs to a forty-year old woman with too many cats whose husband is a minister if she even has a husband because she dresses like this," Nex said, shaking his head in disapproval. "How do you ever plan to get blondie's attention wearing clothes like this?"

Kat ignored him and slipped her shoes on, grabbed a jacket and headed out of the bedroom. She went to the kitchen and started the kettle, going into the fridge for yogurt and frowning at the contents. There was a case of beer, a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of vodka, and sodas. She closed the fridge and opened the freezer, finding stacks of frozen pizzas, egg rolls, taquitos and other junk food. It was then she noticed on the counter there were boxes of poptarts, bags of candy and chips.