How to Read Blogs the ESL Way

Most blog titles say it all. So, don't read the entire article for the information you want to get just yet. Skim through the contents, then spend more time reading up on the comments.

Yes, you read it right. The comments section is where you find random people do real talk. These are the kind of people you will admire for being honest and direct. Depending on the topic, there are but not much academic and technical stuff in a blog comment.

Anyhow, you will surely enjoy reading and learning from participants who fearlessly present their arguments in plain, understandable English.

To get the most out of blogs, choose the popular ones. (Check out my website for blogs I recommend.) There are plenty. With those, you don't get the kind of comments you usually read on YouTube.

I'm not saying all YouTube comments are trash. In fact, I read them, every single one of them. I don't care if some sentences are badly written, because I know how to correct them. 

YouTube comments range from hilarious to thought-provoking. What I'm after is how someone thinks and turns their ideas into words.

However, if you are a total beginner, I don't recommend you read YouTube comments. I suggest you stick to blog comments first because they are moderated. Blog founders hate spam. So, they expect people to voice out their opinions through carefully-worded comments.