Chapter four- Catherine Eddowes

As I approached I realised who she was, many people around Whitechapel knew her for her singing and her sharp temper. Her three children would be without their mother in the morning.

    “I’m not working; I’m just waiting for someone. I already have money for my bed tonight. I promise.” She lied mistaking me for a police officer.

    “You should have thought up some better lies than that but I’m not here to arrest you.” I told her.

    “I… I don’t want any more customers tonight. I’m going in now.” She said very nervously, she clearly suspected me.

         She went into Mitre Square; I made my attack after she had travelled a few paces into the square.

         This time I had no time to strangle her; I took out my knife and put it to her throat. She froze still in fear.

    “Why are you doing this? I haven’t done anything to hurt you; I don’t know you and I bet none of the others did either. Please tell me why I have to die tonight?” she asked as she attempted to hide just how terrified she was.

    “You all need to go to hell for your sins.” I told her before applying pressure to the knife against her fragile neck.

    “You are from hell!” she said just as I slashed her throat cutting through vital veins and arteries.

         I let the corpse hit the ground so I could continue onwards with haste.

         Next I cut open her abdomen revealing her internal anatomy, I threw out the intestines as they were of no interest to me and continued finding the left kidney and taking it from the body. I wrapped it in some material and pocketed it for Drakul.

         Then I remembered the “Dear boss” letter claiming the ears would be clipped and decided to humour it. I severed the right ear lobe from the ear after that I sliced her face across the cheeks and nose.

         After that I slipped away from the body like a shadow, swiftly returning back to my home where I washed the blood from my hands and my knife then retired to my bed.

         The next morning a police officer knocked on my door as they attempted to question the public on the two new bodies that they had rightly connected to “Jack the ripper”.

    “Don’t make me talk to him, I’ll say something wrong and we’ll be facing our deaths by tomorrow morning.” Stan said as he began to panic.

    “Stop worrying, go and make the man some tea, I will talk for the both of us.” I promised reassuringly.

    “Good morning officer, can I help you?” I asked politely as I opened the door.

    “I hope so; there’s been another Whitechapel murder, well two actually. Can I come in?” he asked.

    “Yes, come on in. Stan is preparing some tea for us.” I said as I led him into the living room.

    “I’m not sure I can offer you any help towards finding the murderer but if you are looking for an extra medical opinion, I’m happy to help.” I said as we sat down.

    “Thank you for the offer but I think we have sufficient police doctor at the moment. I need to ask you a few questions.” He said patiently.

    “Go on then ask away. I’ll try to answer the best I can but I don’t think I’ll be of any help.” I said.

         Stan then brought in the tea, he was very unwilling to stay in the room but the officer insisted that he should stay and help the investigation.