Official Rules, Part I

PUBLISHER Kensington Publishing/ WATTPAD WRITING CONTEST (“Writing Contest”)

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

How to enter: During the Manuscript Submission Phase (as set out below), visit http://wattpad.com/thewriteaffair (the “Contest Website”) for instructions on how to enter the Writing Contest by creating a Wattpad account and submitting one (1) eligible manuscript (see Submission Requirements below) suitable for publication under the new Mass Market line from Kensington Publishing (each, a “Manuscript”), published by Kensington Publishing and WP Technology Inc. (“Kensington Publishing”) shall be referred to herein as the “Sponsor”. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Wattpad account. Manuscripts that do not comply with the Submission Requirements set out below will be disqualified. The Writing Contest begins at 12:01 AM GMT on (Date) and ends at (Time) GMT on (Date) (the “Contest Period”). The Writing Contest consists of the following three (3) phases:

Phase Start Date (at 12:01am GMT) End Date (at 11:59 GMT)

Manuscript Submission Phase:

Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 - Friday, Feb. 27, 2015

Manuscript Voting Phase:

Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015 - Friday, March 20, 2015

Top 10 Manuscripts Judging Phase:

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wattpad’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Writing Contest. A fee is not required to enter the Writing Contest. All Manuscripts must be received only as directed on the Contest Website by (11:59) GMT on (February 27) (each an “Entry”). Manuscripts will only be accepted online. A copy of these Official Rules can be viewed online at http://wattpad.com/thewriteaffair.

Limit of one (1) Entry per person. If more than one (1) Entry is submitted by the same person, only the first eligible Entry submitted will be considered. Entries will not be returned to the entrant. By entering the Writing Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Writing Contest, the Sponsor will make the final ruling in their sole discretion.

Such ruling shall be final and binding, and no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants regarding such ruling(s) unless otherwise required by law.

Submission Requirements: In order to be eligible, the Manuscript must meet the following requirements (collectively, the “Submission Requirements”):

(a) Each Manuscript must adhere to the writing guidelines for a novella under the new Mass Market line (the “Imprint”). Writing guidelines for the Imprint are available online at: (http://wattpad.com/thewriteaffair) (b) Each Manuscript shall be in English; (c) Each Manuscript is to be uploaded to Wattpad in full. Incomplete manuscripts will not be eligible for prizing. Entries will be judged on the first 4,000 to 5,000 words. The entry should also include a maximum 1,000-word synopsis; and (d)The Manuscript shall be submitted as directed on the Contest Website. Entrants who submitted the Top 10 Manuscripts (as defined below) shall also be asked to email their Manuscript as directed by the Sponsor.

By participating in the Writing Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the Manuscript is original to the entrant, and all right, title and interest (including but not limited to copyright) therein and thereto is exclusively owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Manuscript as contemplated by these Official Rules; (ii) the Manuscript does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion; (iii) the Manuscript does not contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (iv) the Manuscript does not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Manuscript is created; (v) the Manuscript does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, personality or privacy rights); (vi) the Sponsor’s use and re-use of the Manuscript in accordance with the terms set out herein will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party (including copyright), or require any payment to or consent/permission from any third party; and (vii) the Manuscript has not been previously exploited or published in any form (including being self-published), and no rights in or to the Manuscript have been granted, pledged, or assigned to any third party which would interfere with or derogate from the rights granted to the Sponsor hereunder.