Piece of You #9

One day when I was walking down the hallway at school I passed your chemistry class. I couldn't help but to look in and see if I could get a glimpse of you. I didn't. Passing your class reminded me of all the times you waited for me outside my classes so that you could walk down the hallway with me. As I kept walking I heard something squeak on the ground. When I turned around it was another piece of you sliding out from underneath the door to your chemistry classroom. I turned right back around and started walking down the hallway away from it. I did not want another one of these things to bring me painful reminders. When I got back to my classroom it was gone and I was relieved.

When that period was over I left and walked to my next period class like I've been doing since the beginning of the year. Only one thing was different. The piece of you that I saw earlier was walking with me. It walked with me the same way you used to. I tried so hard not to let it remind me of you but it didn't work. It was like you were still there, only in my head. It reminded me of all the times we laughed on the stairwell and all the times you reached for my hand and held it as we walked down the hallway together not caring who saw.

That piece of you followed me through all the hallways we used to walk down every single day. I just hoped it would go away soon because I'm really starting to hate being reminded of you all the time.