6- The Redhead

Dylan was a handful today. Even then, he could have been worse. Since it was game day, he was distracted by his teammates and fans. Everyone was flocking him, asking how he thought it was going to go tonight. Even from far away, I could see his forced smile. He was putting on a show.

"So, are we going tonight?" Emma asked. We were all huddled together, away from our traitor friend. He kept sneaking glances at us but the crowd forming around him wouldn't leave him alone.

Good.

"We should," I chimed in. They all gave me looks of disbelief, probably because I was the one who acted the most dramatically. "Listen, it's our senior year. We can't let these moments pass because of some grudge, right? Besides, we're not going for him."

Will was the first to agree with me. "You're right, Bella. Fuck him. We can go for Andrew or something."

"I don't know if that's a better deal," Jaz scoffed, then sighed in resignation. "Okay, I'm down."

"Me too," Emma added.

Perfect. The four of us would go and I'd have great company.

"Hey Bella, are you still mad at Dean? Because he's heading our way," Jasmine warned, looking behind me.

I gave her a look saying, 'it's complicated,' but made no effort to run. The plan was to ride out the ignorant bliss until I couldn't anymore. That way, if I were to inevitably get hurt, I could delay it for as long as possible.

An arm wrapped around my waist and I leaned into it, subconsciously smiling. Even if Jaz didn't warn me beforehand, I'd know exactly who it was from his scent. "Hey babe," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I looked up and flashed him a smile before redirecting my attention back to my friends. None of them seemed to care about the PDA, which meant I didn't have to explain myself.

Another friend decided to join us. "Hey, Bella. Hey, guys," Andrew chirped. He was also with Dylan and his teammates this morning but I could see him keep a good amount of distance from him. "Are you guys coming to the game tonight?"

"Yup," Emma grinned.

"Just for you," Jaz remarked, her voice sounding bitter. She didn't really like Andrew. It was because of that whole stunt he pulled last year. She thought it was a load of B.S. But, she tolerated him for my sake.

"Always cheery, Jaz," Andrew playfully grinned. Her scowl only deepened.

"Oh shit, what're we going to do for study hall?" Will suddenly asked. The five of us had that period with him and we usually camped out in the library. Dylan would obviously see us if we went there.

"I think Reece can sneak us into the gym or his office," I told them.

"God, I always liked that boy," Jaz approvingly grinned, making me roll my eyes. "Okay, well ask him and let us know."

"Will do," I mock saluted.

"Wait, if you're going to see Reece, I wanna come," Dean whispered so only I could hear.

I turned to face him. "Don't you have a class though?"

"Don't worry about it. Maybe I can get my schedule rearranged... If you'd be okay with that."

"Good luck with that," I snorted, trying not to get my hopes up. "It's Friday. I doubt they'll let you change your schedule this late in the week, especially because it was already changed once." I distinctively remembered him being switched into my AP Government class during the middle of the week.