Chapter 14

Nikki POV

Larissa walked in, she seemed like a bubbly person. She pulled me into a hug like she has met me before. It’s rare for a female to do that, let alone if it involves another female. I hugged her back, and gave Shaun as thumbs up while he walked passed us. Larissa finally pulled away from the hug. That was tight.

“Hey Larissa pleased to meet you.” I said.

“It feels good to have another girl around.” She said smiling. “Oh and Will, did you defrost the meat, the queue was crazy at the butchery.” She said looking at Will.

“Yes I did, yikes why so controlling?” Will asked while rolling his eyes.

“Because I know you didn’t want us come over. If it wasn’t for Nikki you wouldn’t have let us come.” Larissa said.

“Can everybody just stop whining and give me a hand here?” Shaun yelled.

“Let me help you.” I said.

As soon as were done unloading the groceries from Shaun’s car, Larissa and I started packing the groceries. The boys were in the backyard preparing the grill and having beers.

“So Nikki, which qualification are you doing?” Larissa asked.

“I am doing Accounting Science and you?” I asked.

“Physiotherapy.” She said.

“Oh all you guys are in the medical sector I see.” I said.

“I heard you’re really good with painting. I saw the portraits you donated to the NYU Paediatric hospital on Instagram. How old were you when you painted them?” Larissa asked.

“I was 15 years old. We were giving back to the community in school so I chose to make a couple of portraits for the little kids in the Paediatric hospital.” I said.

“You were only 15 years? Wow you’re a natural Nikki. I think you should create a profile for yourself, also maybe create an Instagram page specifically for your portraits, who knows? Maybe the right investor will notice your work.” Larissa said.

“I think you’re right. I have been thinking about doing it, just didn’t think it was the right time as yet since I have studies too.” I said.

“I’m surprised you’re doing Accounting science Nikki, a person would think that you’re doing Arts, I heard they also do marketing in Arts that would have been very advantageous for you.” She said.

“You’re right, my mentor Kane said the same thing when he saw my work, but he’s been mentoring me and very helpful. I have learned so much from him in a space of five months.” I said.

“See what I mean?” She asked smiling.
“I guess whatever happens at the End Year painting auction will determine my career in painting. Thank you for the insight Larissa. You’re really smart and super pretty.” I said.

“Thank you, you’re very beautiful too. Come let’s join the guys outside.” She said.

“Sure, and what about these salads and pretzel bread?” I asked.

“Let’s take them outside, we will come back later for the plates.” She said.

Talking to Larissa was an eye opener. I loved the fact that she was so honest to me about what she thought. Truth is I have been thinking about my career lately but I can only get success guarantee after the auction.

I’m not entirely concerned about selling as much as I can but I want make good and lasting connections. If I’m lucky enough I might be able to get a scholarship for art school then use the rest of my trust fund money to open my own studio and gallery. It is a long shot but it isn’t impossible.

Larissa and I joined the guys in the backyard. Will was laughing at something Shaun was saying. He looked so handsome and genuine. Nothing felt forced. I couldn’t help myself but blush when he winked at me.

“Umm girl, you’re hooked big time.” Larissa said with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” I asked while blushing like a little girl with a crush.

“You’re glowing but truth be told, I have always wondered what Will is like in bed. Girls talk.” She said.

“Ask no questions and hear no lie. Haha.” I said jokingly.

“Oh come on Nikki. Please. Just look at that handsomeness.” Larissa said begging me.

“Shaun is hot too. I mean you can tell he was a Jock back in high school.” I said laughing.

“He was and he was a football star.” She said with a big smile on her face.