Untitled Part 7

(Y/N) wakes up to Coco shaking him. "(Y/N), you need to wake up!" 

"What? Why?"

"Goodwitch is outside, Velvet is distracting her, you should be able to make it out of the window"

"Or I could hide under the bed" (Y/N) suggests

"Do you really want to take that chance?"

"No, not really" (Y/N) says and Coco pushes (Y/N) towards the window. 

"Make sure you come back later...or else I'll find you" Coco threatens and (Y/N) climbs out the window. As soon as he makes it out Glynda walks in. 

"While I am sure you don't have a boy who isn't supposed to be in here  Ms. Scarlatina, I need to check to be sure"

"Who would be in here?" Coco asks standing in front of the window. 

"Is there something wrong that you need to stand in front of the window for?"

"I was starting to feel a little sick so I opened the window"

"Just let me look out to be sure" Glynda says and she sticks her head out of the window. Coco looks at Velvet and with a look of fear before Glynda backs away. "Alright, everything looks good, I don't see anything wrong. You two get to class on time tomorrow"

"We're never late to class" Coco says and Goodwitch smirks before walking away.

(Y/N) walks through the halls of Beacon and passes by a faunus girl, and something in him snaps. (Y/N) turns around and follows the girl down the hall. (Y/N) keeps following the girl as she takes random turns, doubles back on herself, and even goes into rooms with their doors open. (Y/N) follows her as she turns down a hall  that has nothing but a window that overlooks the courtyard at the end. He watches her from a distance and she runs down the hall and jumps through the window. (Y/N) runs over and looks at where the girl jumped, but there was no sign of her, no broken glass, no smudges on the glass, and no splatter on the ground.

"Hey (Y/N)!" a familiar, cheery voice says and he turns to look at the owner.

"Hey Ruby, what do you need?"

"You see her too right? Yang, Weiss and Blake don't believe me"

"Who is she?"

"I don't know, she was there on the first night, the ghost at least"

"Ghosts don't exist Ruby" 

"Then what was that?" Ruby asks

"Umm, I don't know. Is there a reason that there'd be a ghost here?"

"I don't know, Ozpin wouldn't tell me anything, he said I was lying"

"I'll talk to him Ruby, you want to come with?"

"Umm, sure" Ruby says rubbing her arm nervously.

"What are you nervous about?" 

"Well, when I try to ask Ozpin about the ghost he just tells me to leave"

"Well, I'm sure he'll change his mind now that someone else has seen it" (Y/N) says and they head to Ozpin's office. When they get to the door Ruby goes in first and Ozpin looks at her and sighs.

"For the last time Ruby, there is no ghost"

"No, there is something over there" (Y/N) says walking into the room, "what is it Ozpin?" (Y/N) asks and Ozpin sighs pulling out a file from his center drawer. 

"Her name was Mary, a nice cat faunus. When she came she had a tail, but a month into school some speciesists cut it off. A month later the same people chased her down that hall and she jumped out of the window rather than face the mob. No one has ever claimed to see her ghost before"

"That's it? You hid that?" (Y/N) asks

"Well I had my reasons" Ozpin says defending himself and (Y/N) and Ruby leave.

"That was a sad story" Ruby says looking up at (Y/N)

"Yeah, it was" (Y/N) says thinking 

"What are you thinking about?" 

"Well, I was thinking about why Ozpin was so secretive, maybe he had something to do with Mary" 

"Maybe he liked her!" Ruby says excitedly. "Like in my stories!"

"Life isn't just one big story Ruby, there isn't an author who has all of our paths written out"

"I guess you're right" Ruby says looking down

"Come now Ruby, just because someone isn't forcing you to do and say things doesn't mean you need to be sad. If anything you should be happy that you can choose to do what you want instead of being forced to say and do things"

"That makes sense" Ruby says happily "Hey (Y/N) do you want to spar with my team after lunch?"

"I don't know, I'm supposed to meet Coco" (Y/N) says a little nervous 

"I'm sure she'll understand that you needed to spar" Ruby says dragging (Y/N) towards her dorm.