chapter twenty

y'all gonna hate and love me for this chapter

btw here's nat's look for tonight:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ C H A P T E R T W E N T Y ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Natasha was the queen of making entrances (though Tony would probably disagree), seeing that she arrived almost half an hour to an hour late at the party, she may feel bad about it. Or not. 

Okay, so maybe she did spend a little too much time on her makeup and hairdo, but in her defense, this wasn't a usual thing for her.

She isn't quite sure but there was something about tonight that made her put an extra effort to look good. Perhaps, no matter how much she tries to deny it, she was hoping to catch a certain someone's eye?

Oh, she did alright. As soon as she walked down that staircase, everyone's eyes were on her.

Everyone including—

"Remind me to remind myself that I'm the luckiest man in the world right now." 

She'd say the same, only the person that told her that wasn't the person she wanted to hear those words from.

Bruce gushed, eyes gazing at her, "You look stunning, Natasha."

She thought she was selfish. His compliment sounded so sincere that a part of her was guilty for not being able to reciprocate the same level of interest Bruce gave her. She smiled fondly, "Thank you, Bruce."

Natasha thought she was going on solo flight for tonight's party, but Bruce surprised her by asking if he could go with her. She still isn't sure about where they stand with everything that's going on lately, but maybe, just for tonight, she could pretend like everything's okay.

Bruce offered his arm, "Shall we meet the others?"

She chuckled, complying. "Lead the way, doctor."