13. Greatest painting.

ABHISHEK

"Aishi!" I exclaimed while laughing.

She laughed along for no reason at all.

This is what happens when you get stoned.

Tomorrow is Republic Day, and so it's a national holiday. We invited the girls over. We didn't drink today, but Manjot, Mayank, Dhriti and Aishi smoked up a joint each. Aishi smoked up one and a half joint, one being her own, and the other half being Dhriti's who passed out smoking half joint only.

Aishi is a whole different person when she's high or drunk.

We played dare of confess for an hour, giving each other the most stupid dares or asking the dumbest questions ever.

Half way through the game, Dhriti passed out. Major beans were spilled right after. Mayank confessing that he liked Dhriti. Manjot too confessed to Aishi that he crushed over her in the beginning to which she laughed. She probably laughed because she was high. Pretty sure she won't remember this tomorrow.

Post the game, we watched 'The Kissing Booth'. Everyone except Aishi and I were asleep.

"You'll wake them up, come let's go to my room." I told her.

"The room is moving. Shit." She laughed even more.

"Aishi, shhhh." I said, motioning her to keep quiet.

"Shhhh." She mimicked me, keeping her index finger on her lips; chuckling.

I held her hand in mine and exited Shubman's room, walking into mine with Aishi.

I led her in and closed the door, and that's when she started laughing again.

She walked into the balcony with me following her.

"What're you thinking?" I asked, standing beside her.

She was too lost looking up at the night sky filled with stars.

"That even the stars in the sky can't outshine your eyes." She said looking into my eyes before turning her attention back to the stars.

"Look at the stars. They're the same stars as last week, last year. Same as when we were kids, when we weren't even born. In a hundred years, no one will ever know who we are. But they'll know... those same stars." She said.

Now this was the Aishi I was previously talking about. You won't find her saying such things when she's sober, ever.

"One day, you'll find someone who looks at you, the way you look at the stars." She said, looking at me.

I turned my attention towards her and smiled.

She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the sky and watches the slow dance of the infinite stars.

"Do you have a man of your dreams or something like that?" I asked her.

"I do. The man of my dreams is the one who would take my hand and lead me outside to slow dance under the stars for no another reason than to make the moon jealous of the wishes we made on each other's eyes." She smiled.

High or drunk Aishi is really poetic.

"Wow." I sighed.

"Kidding. I just want someone who likes to look at the stars as much as I do." She smiled up at the stars.

"You know, it's the little things you say that makes me so crazily attracted towards you." I said, looking at her.

"Well, everything about you attracts me." She said, laughing.

"The greatest painting you can look at is a sky full of stars." She stated, looking upward again.

"No."

And that's when she looked at me.

"The greatest painting I can look at is standing right infront of me." I whispered.

"You deserve the whole universe, Abhay. But I'm just a star." She said, turning her attention back at the stars.

"A lost star trying to light up the sky." She chuckled.

"I shouldn't be getting this attached to you." She spoke again.

"Why?"

"Because, I know you're not a constant star."

"Just close your eyes and see, I'll be by your side anytime you need me. You'll find me in the region of the stars." I smiled at her.

She smiled at me, before gazing at the stars again, with a smile.

"You're smiling at the stars like they know all your secrets." I said, chuckling slightly.

"Maybe they do." She laughed.

"I tell the stars about you." She smiled.

"Honestly, you don't have a clue what it is like to be next to you." Aishi continued.

"You're such a plot twist to my feelings, Abhishek Sharma." She chuckled.

"If someone makes you feel, let them." I told her.

She didn't speak anything after that, letting a comfortable silence envelope us.

"May I have a slow dance under the stars for no another reason than to make the moon jealous of the wishes we made on each other's eyes?" I asked, quoting the same lines she said earlier.

She looked at me with a smile, before nodding.

"Mujhse zyaada mere jaisa, koi hai toh hai tu. Phir na jaane dil mera kyu, tujhko na de sukoon. Kuch toh hai jo dil ghabraye, kuch toh hai jo saas na aaye, kuch toh hai jo hum hotho se kehte kehte keh na paaye." I sang softly, looking into her eyes while we danced.

"I probably wouldn't remember any of this tomorrow." She laughed.

"A hundred percent sure." I said, chuckling.

"I see us in black and white, crystal clear on a star lit night." She spoke slowly, her eyelids dropping low.

Walking inside the room with Aishi in my arms, I closed the balcony door behind us.

I put her to bed and whispered in her ears,

"Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you."

-----

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! ❤