Chapter 8: Stephen Jones

I glared at Percy as he kissed Annabeth. I was aware of another person glaring as well. She was pretty, but Annabeth was prettier. I devised a plan to get them to break up. I walked over to the girl.

"What's your name?"

"Drew."

"Cool. Do you hate Percabeth?"

"Yeah. I want Percy."

"I want Annabeth."

We smiled and devised a plan. I ran up to Percy when Annabeth went away. 

"Help! Drew's on the beach! CPR!" I told him. 

We ran to the beach and I smirked. He did CPR on her. Annabeth saw and she broke down in tears. Percy looked up.

"Annabeth, it's not what you think."

"Then what is it?!" she yelled, running off to her cabin.

Drew tried to kiss Percy, but he simply shook her off, diving into the sea. I ran after Annabeth.

"Annabeth, honey, you can be with me. I'm all you need!"

"NO! I won't be with anyone anymore. I quit love!" she screamed.

----Time Skip Next Day----

Annabeth's POV:

I sobbed and Piper came into my room.

"Hey, Annabeth, you have to know something I didn't tell you yesterday."

"What? Percy cheated the whole time?"

"He never cheated. I overheard Drew and Stephen devising a plan to break you apart. Percy was innocent. Drew wanted him. Drew acted like she was drowning, so Percy bent to do CPR. Stephen was after you and hated Percy, so he just did that to get you."

I felt realization dawn on my face.

"SEAWEED BRAIN?!" I yelled, running around.

"Seaweed Brain!" I called.

Piper was running with the seven.

"Percy?!"

"Percy!"

"Percy!"

All the campers were up now. Stephen was trying to stop us. 

"Guys, we don't need him. It's okay. We all don't need him," he said.

He sounded really nervous. I nodded suspiciously, then took off, running as if my life depended on it. I heard a shrill scream and I ran. I saw Piper, crying and covered in blood. 

"Piper! Are you okay?"

I realized that the blood wasn't hers. It was a certain black-haired boy with lifeless sea-green eyes.

"PERCY!" I yelled. 

I checked the dagger in his chest. It had a name that makes me want to snap his neck. Stephen. It was the dagger Hermes gave to him the moment he was claimed. The campers all gathered and I handed the dagger to Chiron.

"Stephen, you are banished from camp on the crime of murder with Drew. Drew, you are banished as well."

"CHIRON!" they both cried.

The campers were staring at them in disdain. They fled, never looking back. I knelt beside my ex and though I knew he was already gone, I bandaged up his wound with the gauze.

"Look, Seaweed Brain, I know I can't help you anymore. The only thing I can do is tell you that I love you. I know it was a misunderstanding, I'm so sorry that I didn't see it," I whispered.

Nico came next to me and looked into my eyes with an apology shining in his tears. I sat in Percy's room, hugging his stuffed Nemo pet. I breathed in the ocean breeze and let the tears fall. I gathered all I really needed in a box. All of the things that reminded me of Percy were put in the box. I kept it in my pocket at all times.

We were all grieving the loss of the hero, mainly Poseidon. Poseidon kept muttering about how he was going to kill that Stephen dude and how Percy didn't deserve that fate. I eventually wanted to join him in Elysium. I took out a flask of poison I stole from the Hecate cabin. Just as I was going to drink it, I heard a voice.

Annabeth, stop. I love you...

It was my darling seaweed brain.

"PERCY!" I screamed, looking for the source.

"Annabeth? Why in the Hades are you doing that?"

"Doing what? I'M TRYING TO FIND MY BOYFRIEND IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED YET!" I shrieked.

"Well, Stephen and Drew are attacking camp with a bunch of monsters, so do you wanna help?"

"OF COURSE I WANT TO HELP!"

I ran out with my dagger. Stephen and Drew slashed and hacked at me. I killed Stephen, but Drew pinned me to the floor. I was exhausted and tired, but a voice spoke to me again.

Don't give up! Use Anaklusmos! It's in your pocket!

I quickly reached my pocket, ignoring the cuts Drew was making on my arms. I found the pen and uncapped it. I skewered Drew, who looked in shock at the blade and died. I stood up, blood dripping from the sword.

"Thanks, Perce," I whispered before turning to Piper and the others.

"MONSTERS!" Piper yelled.

I looked to see my dagger hopelessly picked up by a monster. I had no choice. I had to fight with a sword. I began to fight. I was earning countless wounds that were pouring blood.

You can do it! I believe in you!

Percy. I had to do this for him. I continued to slash and jab until I met the Minotaur, who looked overjoyed that Percy was gone. I growled and we clashed. His horn drove deep into my chest, but I cut off its head. I sank to the ground, putting the sword in my pocket, making sure I had some drachmas.

"Goodbye, Camp Half-Blood," I murmured before feeling blackness engulf me.

I woke up by Charon's ferry, handing him a drachma. He smiled and I was ferried across the river. I was chosen to go to Elysium. When I approached the golden gates, it was like heaven just came to me... well, it did. I ran and searched frantically for Percy. I saw Luke with him, talking and laughing like the world didn't exist.

"SEAWEED BRAIN!" I yelled, charging past all the other souls.

I leaped into his arms, kissing him.

"You're not mad?" he asked.

"No, Piper told me the truth," I whispered.

"Percabeth forever?" he asked, pecking my lips.

"Percabeth forever," I replied, kissing him sweetly.

Stephen's POV:

I scowled from my place in the Fields of Punishment as I stared at Percy and Annabeth's souls kissing and laughing with all their friends.

You really deserve it, a voice said in my mind.

I looked down in shame. I was a murderer. Oops.

Mortals Meet PercabethOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara