The Madness of Society

Greenwas all I could see, apart from the brown that stuck out like a sore thumbthanks to the early season change this year, but that didn't stop me fromcoming to my most precious spot deep within the wilderness away from any humanform; this has always been my favourite spot since the day I opened my eyes forthe very first time ⎯ sure I didn't know the true reason, but I was drawn tothis place like a bug is drawn to street lamps ⎯ I am determined that one day Iwill find a reason why the light breeze that brushes through my hair softly andthe strong smell of evergreen makes me feel at complete ease, but maybe that'sthe reason I am so engrossed to the open area I've called home for the lastseven years, because it's the only place I can let my mind wander for hours butit is only minutes; the funny part is that I have only been to that place oncewhen I was a young child with my best friend growing up, yet I still thinkabout it as if I was there yesterday and probably will forever do just that,because I hold onto little things that can make me feel alive because I knowone day this world will no longer be here for me to soak in the glory, butrather forced to look at the horror created by mankind, because this world willnot stay as pure as it is forever and unless everyone is on board, it willnever end, which is tough to think about but maybe that's why I fall for littlethings in life because I know something big is coming, yet I couldn't for thelife of me be able to tell you what exactly it is that is coming, but I canfeel a thousand screams of people left in horror and hundreds of cryingchildren that all lie within me, as I hold them inside of me like a graveyardfull of dead soldiers, yet I have no idea why they are there, all I know isthat a war is coming and we are all going to pay the price if we continue thethe destruction we are causing to this world, we can no longer turn our backs tothe damage we have caused, we must fight to protect the world we destroyed bycoming together as a nation and win the war we call humanity, or else ourgrandkids will never know what it's like to stand in the middle of an openfield and feel safe while the clean air brushes past them as they take in thebeautiful sweet smell of evergreen and watch as the healthy fish swim throughthe freshwater they have access to, and yet we turn our heads.