Chapter One: Red Shoes

<•••>

[Y/n] sat on the ledge of her window looking down at the people below her, she was a princess the daughter of a once great wizard who died before she was even born.

And a once beautiful queen who died after giving birth to the poor orphaned girl. Leaving her and her older brother James to be raised by their grandmother.

As [Y/n] sat their looking out the window she winced in pain and gripped her side, she lifted her shirt just enough to look down at the area and sighed. And covered it back up.

"Maybe I should go visit Merlin and the others?" [Y/n] thought to herself, as she looked down at the people below.

Her friends were cursed due to the fact that they thought they saw a witch, and attacked it but turned out to be a fairy princess. And in order to break the curse they need a kiss from the most beautiful girl in the world.

And [Y/n] didn't know how to help them, I mean well she did have feelings for Merlin before he turned into a dwarf and she still does have feeling for him. But doesn't think that he'll ever reciprocate that same feelings that she does.

As she sat there she thought of Merlin her best friend, even before he was cursed they were friends especially as kids.

[Flashback]

They were kinda inseparable, when [Y/n]'s grandmother planned a trip to go to their family cabin for winter, she begged them to let her bring Merlin.

And her grandmother finally gave in after the constant asking, so when Merlin came with them. [Y/n] and Merlin stayed in the same room. As each other, and [Y/n] was only six at the time.

But the young princess had a terrible secret, when she and Merlin were playing with magic when they weren't supposed too. [Y/n]'s magic accidentally hit an evil witch, causing that very witch to put a curse on the poor girl.

She was so young and didn't know what to do, and decided to not tell her grandmother. And made Merlin promise to not tell her grandmother.

And he promised. But of course they eventually found out, it was when [Y/n] was using her magic to entertain. So if the village children, when all of a sudden she collapsed to the ground screaming in pain.

When she was brought back to the palace, the place doctor came to check up on her and saw purple veins. Appearing on her skin, and her grandmother calmly asked her granddaughter how they got there.

And the princess looked at grandmother with tears in her eyes, and said, "I know I wasn't supposed too, but Merlin and I were playing with magic when. My magic accidentally hit a witch and she cursed me. And said that if I keep using magic the veins will eventually spread across my entire body. And kill me" she cried, and the grandmother wrapped her arms around her granddaughter.

"I forbid you from ever using magic again. And from seeing that Merlin boy." Her grandmother said, and [Y/n] shook her head. She had tears in her eyes, Merlin meant so much to her. And she couldn't lose him now.

"But grandmother he's my best friend and means so much to me. Please, I can't understand the no more magic but please I can't lose him too." She cried, but the grandmother insisted, and she was stern.

"No! I mean it, no more magic and no more spending time with that Merlin boy." her grandmother said, then [Y/n] looked at her grandmother and glared at her.

"I Hate yo-" [Y/n] was about to scream, but fell back onto the bed. And wrapped her arms around her stomach, screaming in pain.

And from that day [Y/n] never used magic anymore, and wasn't allowed to see Merlin. But being the sneaky and sly princess she was she would sneak out just too meet him.