Chapter 10

Despite my fatigue, following Leon's tracks was a weirdly easy task: whenever he went there would be blood and exploded objects on the way.

That made me kinda worried, but I pretended to know nothing about it when I perfectly knew.

After about ten minutes of wandering, I managed to reach some kind of ruins; however, it was clear that Leon had already gone through them since there was not much left.

After having managed to clear my way through the rubble, I finally reached a portal, with a devastated area behind: hundreds of Ganados corpses that didn't seem to have melted and even more rubbles.

Did he do this by just himself?

I don't believe it.

Looking for a reason as I moved on, I finally reached a conclusion when I looked down the cliffs: there was some kind of huge machine down below, engulfed in flames.

I think Leon used this.

I continued on my way, skeptical. Discovering the "modern" world was strange enough for me, but the fact that I found strange machines like that made me even more confused. I ended up entering underground ruins and made a torch from a piece of wood and a piece of cloth.

Leon's footprints could be seen in the sand, and they continued... till an odd trace of blood, which led to a prison, where I simply saw a pair of legs.

Like, just the legs.

Since they seemed mutated I didn't burden myself with this fact and moved on, approaching a huge door that happened to...

Gunshots...!

I barged into the room and looked at the scene. Leon's Plaga was controlled by Saddler which made him scream in pain as Ashley seemed to be in some kind of machine behind.

Since helping was the most obvious thing to do, I silently approached Ashley as Saddler raised his hand at me, frowning afterward.

"What a shame. I've miscalculated the situation." He ended up saying as he turned back to Leon.

Mis...calculated?

I slapped my forehead.

Now's not the time, I gotta save Ashley!

As Saddler approached him I pressed the machine button and freed Ashley, her inert body starting to fall to the ground. I quickly caught her with the most strength I could pull and carried her to the exit, watching Ada enter the room equipped with a machine gun.

"Ada!" I screamed.

Her gaze only turned, looking at me for a second before she began shooting Saddler.

Then, he began to weirdly growl and the bullets that Ada had fired at him ended up coming out ... At the tips of his fingers.

If I had the time I would take some time to study his Plaga, but...

"Leon! Over here!" I ended up screaming as he finally was able to move, Saddler busied by Ada's shots.

He started chasing us and I admit I hesitated to stay behind to delay him. However, Ada shot right next to me, shaking gently her head.

She's nice...

We ended up getting out of the room, hearing what seemed to be an explosion behind the door.

When we were safe we stopped to take a little break. Leon kept silent as Ashley regained consciousness. When her eyes opened she looked at me, with a type of gaze I knew too well.