Chapter 9

My feelings for Cam have really grown since he kissed me yesterday. I could barely even sleep, I was still able to feel his soft lips pressed against mine. His hands rubbing onto my sides of the dress being just as obsessed with it as much as I was.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement because I can literally feel my hands shake at my sides as Penelope, Natalie, and I walk up to his house which is somewhat similar to Austin's. Although Austin was full of white walls and colored neutral furniture. Cam's house had little pops of colors here and there, with blue and yellow along with a lot of white.

Walking into the already full house of people dancing, drinking, grinding and others who seem touchy and seem a little too friendly for people who I know are in a relationship with other people. Walking deeper into the home, we find Cam, Austin, and Vince sitting around a long big couch with a lot of girls sitting around them, trying to get their attention.

I can literally feel Penelope tense beside me, I glance over at her and Natalie. I'm hoping they can walk in a different direction, I really don't want to feel like I'm intruding. Which is what it is starting to feel like it as we walk.

Natalie looks over at me with her eyebrows pulling down, "You guys better let those girls know, that's your man." She makes eye contact with Penelope too, even though Penelope hasn't confirmed any type of relationship with Austin.

Penelope looks over at Austin as she squares her shoulders, pulling down at the hem of her black baggy Selena Quintanilla shirt. My heart stills for a second as Natalie and I walk a little behind her.

Cam's laughing at something a girl said to him and it's the same girl that's hated me since the first day I saw her. Austin notices us first and his smile falters a little when he notices Penelope isn't too happy. I've never seen Penelope upset before and much less over a guy. Thinking quickly, he stands and takes her hand leading her off to a hallway.

"Go to your man." Natalie leans over and whispers in my ear as she sits next to Vince and starts talking to him.

I walk over to Cam and he finally notices me, I feel jealousy start to creep up in the pit of my belly knowing that this whole time he was talking to this girl, he didn't even know I was here. I'm so naïve for thinking he might've felt something for me yesterday.

Patting the spot next to him, I sit next to him. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek, "Is that for me?"

I look down at the little gift bag in my hands and hand it to him without meeting eye contact. Taking it from my hands, he tightens his hold on me causing me to scoot closer. It's a birthday gift, although he told me no one besides Vince and Austin know it's his birthday. 

The girl next to him scoffs, "Really? She can't even look you in the eye and that's who you want to be with?"

Cam groans and looks over to the heavy dark makeup girl glaring at me, "Zoey meet Olivia. Livy, meet Zoey."

This is Zoey? Zoey. The girl who's hated me since day one.

"Hi." I'm not sure if she can hear my voice over the music, but I can feel my face redden.

She rolls her dark eyes, "Whatever."

Cam turns his body so he's blocking my view from her and leans down a little as he rubs his hand up and down on my arm, "I'm sorry. We can hang out somewhere else."

Immediately shaking my head I respond only so he can hear me, "It's okay. This is your party."

And I really hate confrontation, I'd hate for Zoey to find us somewhere else and call me out on it. If one thing I've learned from being the shy kid growing up is that bullies like to pick on your weaknesses and she'd waste no time doing just that if she figures out I hate confrontation.