Chapter 19 - Torn

Chapter 19
Ella
Torn

A/N - This novel was put on the top teen fiction charts for a little bit these past few days, and I was so excited! Thank you guys so much for reading, voting, or even checking this out! The support really does keep me writing. Also, I have a new novel idea in the works, that I'm really excited about, so keep an eye out for that (:  Thanks again! 

It’s been almost two weeks since the accident and Jagger still hasn’t woken up.

I’ve spent every single day in the uncomfortable, itchy chairs beside his bed, begging him silently to wake up. I couldn’t take the waiting any longer. It was killing me to see him lying in the bed for so long like this. I could feel it eating away at my heart as I ran my eyes down the multitude of injuries covering his body. It all made me feel so hopeless, just sitting there, hoping and praying for him to wake up from all of this.

Cooper and I haven’t spoken much since the incident last week, and I didn’t think he was planning on being here unless I wasn’t. I heard from Wyatt that he would sometimes bring Cooper to Jagger’s room while I was downstairs in the cafeteria eating, or catching a quick shower at home before returning. I hadn’t meant to hurt Cooper, not in the least bit. Most of the emotions radiating through me during that fight were more to protect that boy I loved who was hurt. I never meant to hurt Cooper in any way.

This was why it made it so awkward when I walked towards Jag’s room from the cafeteria during mid-afternoon today. I had brought a muffin up from the café so I could watch the television and eat with Jag by my side, just like I usually did during this time of day. The only thing that differed between today and any other day though, was seeing the people I least expected to see. I would have expected to see Wyatt or the other boys because they always came by when they had the time. Wyatt and I even ended up spending the day with Jag together only a few days ago.

I just hadn’t expected to see Cooper and her when I walked through the heavy door.

The door slammed shut behind me, echoing in the awkward, intense silence throughout the room. Cooper was beside Jag’s bed, holding onto his hand while he spoke. Only, his words weren’t meant for Jag, but rather for the wretched girl standing in five inch stilettos at the foot of my boyfriend’s bed. She had her arms crossed while she listened to him with wary eyes. I looked between them both, realizing that neither of them even bothered to look at who came through the door. They were too heavily involved in a conversation that shouldn’t have been for her ears. Which is why I snapped.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I seethed, clenching my fist around the paper bag in my hand.

They both finally looked over at me, sharing a look of nervousness from Cooper and a look of shamelessness from the bitch in front of him. She smiled sweetly, flipping a strand of curly brown locks behind her shoulder. It took all of the constraint in me not to fly across the room and throw her to the ground for all she’d done. And she actually had the audacity to show up in his room, when she knew he was with me…in love with me.

“I wanted to see how my baby was doing,” she said, looking back over at Jag with a smirk she didn’t even try to hide.

“He’s not your baby,” I countered. “Where do you get off even coming into his room like this?”

I was firmly planted by the doorway I’d previously walked through, not wanting to step any further into this room of pure betrayal. Caley Woods, the source for my past breakup and Jagger’s trust issues, was simply standing at the foot of his bed like it was usual to be checking up on him like this. And Cooper Tally, the man who knew what she’d done to Jagger and the many ways she’d fucked him up emotionally, was just sitting there in the same itchy chair I’d been planted in for two weeks, saying absolutely nothing.