Lily's P.O.V

Today is Friday. I got up from bed at 6am.After taking a shower, I start making breakfast. When my work is about done,my stepsister Clara comes.

''Hey bitch, is my breakfast ready?''Clara asks me.
''Yes,madam''I say keeping my eyes glued to the floor, in hopes that her insults may stop. But looks like ,I am not that lucky. Because my stepmother Darcy comes.
''Then what are you waiting for?Drag your Ugly ass from my view!"Darcy yells.
"Y..Yes, ma..madam"I manage to say. And quickly  go to my room .

This is my life,which is full of insults.I am used to it now .I achieved good grades in high school .But I could not convince dad or Darcy to let me apply for college. Apart form  books, I love cooking. Because I do
it everyday .l haven't seen my dad for a week. He comes home every weekend,to spend time with Clara and Darcy. My life is not a life a person normally wants, but it is okay. I still remember mom's last words-

Flashback-

"Mom,you can't leave me like this. How will I survive without you?",I said to mom. Tears streaming down my  face.
Mom gave me a weak smile."Don't cry Lilly. Aren't you my strong girl. Just don't lose hope,even in the worst situation try to find some good .There is good even in the baddest person. Give them a chance." mom said.
Then mom starts to close her eyes. I cry harder .
"Mom!Mom!"I shout. But she just closes her eyes and never opens them again.

End of the flashback .

My train of memory is stopped by Clara's yelling.

"Lilly!when the hell will you start cooking lunch .Do you want to starve ?"Clara shouts.

I quickly wipe my tears and rush downstairs. If I make any mistake they punish me by making me starved.  I quickly start preparing  lunch .

*****
In the evening my dad comes for weekend as usual. But  Darcy comes to my room and says,
"Today some important guests are coming for dinner. So prepare something special."Darcy orders me .I nod.

Then she speaks again,"And don't wear those old rags. Wear a decent dress and try not to look like a trash."

When she lefts I rush to prepare a good dinner .After three hours of cooking, I finished. Clara is in a very good mood today. She is taking a long time to get ready. I wonder who the guests might be .

I remember that, I have to get ready too . Though I am not  allowed to go in front of the guests. I usually wear Clara's old dress . So I don't have anything to wear. Asking Clara or Darcy for a dress is vain. So I open my mother's suitcase, where my mother's belongings are. I  usually don't open it. I choose a light blue gown of my mom.

I hate to wear makeup so I add a little mascara and light
lip gloss. Then I arrange the table neatly.  That's when I hear car horn .

"Your work is done here .Go to your room and don't come unless you are told to"Darcy says to me.

"Yes madam" I replied and went upstairs. From the corner of eye I saw Clara dressed like a slut and extremely excited. I cannot help but wonder why is she so excited."

I pace around my room. Then I hear introduction are held . I hear five  different voices . Then I feel tired and start reading my book which I picked from library.

After  twenty minutes or so I heard dad calling my name  "Lilly !come downstairs now".

I am really very surprised .In my twenty years of life first time I am going to face any guest .So I nervously went to the living room. Immediately every pairs of eyes  turn to me .I  keep my eyes glued to the floor. But then I hear a elderly women speak.

"Oh dear!you are even more beautiful than your mother.". At this I look up and saw  a women at her fifty's looking at me in awe .Then I remembered she is talking to me.

"Thank you,madam" I replied .Then she hugged me which took me off guard. But I hug back .

Then she pulls away and says  "Please call me Anna, no need to be formal .Your mother was a good friend of mine".At this I cannot help but smile.

"OK,Anna" I replied shyly.

Then my dad starts to introduce me  to everyone. But I feel someone's gaze on me ,watching my every move .

"Everyone this is my daughter Lilliana Declan ."my dad announce.

"And Lilliana this is Patrick Froster and his wife Anna Froster."my dad introduced me to the happy elderly couple .They smiled at me and I returned their smile. The man was tall and well -built. He has chocolate brown eyes .On the other hand the women had green eyes and  light brown hair.

Then dad took me to a younger group .My eyes locked with a pair of green eyes.

"This is Eros Froster, their elder soon"my dad said .But he kept staring at me .I held my hand for handshake but he took it and kissed the back of it .That simple kiss sent shiver down my spine .I looked at him. He noticed effect he had on me and smirked .It caused me to blush.

I studied him .He was taller than his father and muscular. I can not help but wonder if he has 6packs. But I quickly shake the imagination.

I looked up and saw he was looking at me too. Like he could look through my soul.

Dad later introduced me to Eric and Elina Froster. They are Eros's younger brother and sister. They are very friendly .Eric is 24 and Elina is around my age.

In so many years after mom's death dad  invites me to have dinner with them ,which I gladly accept .I keep my eyes down throughout the whole dinner .but I knew someone was staring at me. When I finally looked up I saw Eors was looking at me.

After sometime everyone finished having dinner and Froster family took their leave . Eors gave me one last glance and went away.

When they left ,Clara gave me a dirty look and went to her room . Darcy was giving me a murderous glare and went upstairs with dad.

I kept wondering what happened to them..............