five: hi

CHAPTER FIVE:

| luke’s pov |

Before I could even get the hell out of there, the glass moved once again. It circles the letter “H” and then the letter “I” – a greeting that made the air colder and the tension thicker. I never thought that something as simple as a “hi” would bring chills down my spine and definitely not the good kind.

It’s as worse as the feelings I experienced with Vicky, whenever she would… no, everything’s fine. She is not here, and I’ll be alright.

From my lack of response and messed up thoughts, the same actions was done by the glass – by “Emma.”

Hi.”

I had hoped that it wasn’t her in reality, but I couldn’t erase the fact that she said she was Emma and that maybe she is the Emma I know and I want to speak with.

With the slowly disappearing pain from the shards of glass on my body, I gulped and managed to let out, “H-Hello.” I was too scared to say anything else, and I don’t think I could utter more than a word right now.

I knew that blood was trickling from the side of my face and on my arms, but I couldn’t attend to it right now. My attention had to be solely focused on whoever I was talking to.

Hi,” she repeated.

Honestly, I didn’t know where she was going with. Did she want me to ask her a question? My mind was blank on what to inquire; this wasn’t a movie wherein I didn’t know how she died and wherein I wanted to ask who killed her.

Because I knew.

She died right in front of me; she died because of me.

A-Are you mad at me?” I thought, knowing that I couldn’t say that out loud, because I would become a crying mess in front of someone, or even something, I couldn’t see.

The glass covered the word “no,” and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. The glass moved more and went to the letters “W,” “H,” and “Y.”

“Be-Because I couldn’t do anything,” was what I replied, although unsuccessfully because it was getting harder to breathe from how my conscience was slowly enveloping me.

I tried to hold my tears back, but it just started to fall and fall, until my vision was clouded. My body was racked with sobs.

Even though I wiped those salty tears away, what I saw was still unclear, but I knew it was a silhouette of someone. It was someone familiar, but someone I didn’t want to see.

The hallways seemed darker now, but the winds weren’t as strong as before.

She was gone.

“So, this is where you went,” Vicky said, calmly. She looked as though she had been through hell and back, probably in search for me, but that didn’t cause any sharp pang of guilt in me.

Instead, I felt dread. I was going back.

And this time, I don’t think I’m ever going to leave.

author's note: sorry for the long wait i love you all so so so much and (early) merry christmas!!