01 | New School, New Girl, Right?

The winding halls stretch endlessly before me, the cool stone beneath the thin soles of my shoes sending a shiver up my spine.

The cavernous building is so silent that it has the hair on the back of my neck rising instantly, demanding my attention be fixed on my surrounding as I await the next blow.

But it never comes, because I'm alone in a building built hundreds of years ago, with only the echo of my footsteps as a companion. 

Yet, I can't shake the feeling of being watched, a sensation that prickles at my skin, like the walls have eyes.

A sudden creak pierces the silence, and my heart skips a beat. My footsteps still, my breath catching in my throat, straining to hear any further sound. But once again, silence reigns supreme.

With trepidation, I press on, climbing the stairs to the level listed on my papers, my dorm only a few doors away.

The carpet that lines the hallway silences my steps and I count the doors until I find the one I want.

Opening it with the key supplied, I suck in a breath at the extravagance.

Who needs all this space?

There is a massive kitchen off to the side, a full sized fridge, dishwasher, oven and stove supplied as well as appliances, all sitting prettily on a stone granite counter.

A three seater leather couch sits in front of a decently sized television with two arm chairs stacked either side.

The bathroom door is open, showcasing the opulence laid bare in there as well, white fluffy towels perched perfectly on hangers.

I step into the dorm - thought it's more like an apartment and shut the door behind me, my shields dropping as I look around the dorm.

Home. For now.

Looking at the four closed doors opposite me, I walk for the first one, pushing the door open to see if it lays empty.

"Who the fuck are you?" A dark voice pierces my subconscious and I turn my attention to the boy who stalks out of the fourth room, his grey eyes pierced on me. His gaze flickers to the open door behind me and his jaw ticks in rage.

"Did we not make ourselves clear last semester." he takes a step forward, "you girls are all the same." His scathing glare and words confuse me because I've never seen this person in my life.

"Get the fuck away from Killian's room and tell your little friend group to leave him alone and stop playing their games, they won't like the outcome if I have to deal with them again." Shadows seem to crawl along the wall at the guy stalks closer, his face stained with disgust.

I relax my posture, looking him up and down as if his very presence is bothersome. "I have no idea what or who you're talking about." I cross my arms, willing my body to not react, to keep calm even as the guy makes it sing with danger, makes me want to do something stupid.

Surprisingly his glare burns hotter, like molten lava as it traces over me.

He looks me up and down, "You and your whore friends need to leave Killian alone. He won't fuck any of you, no matter how many times you deliver yourselves naked to him on a silver platter." He turns his back on me. "So fuck off."

"I have no idea who Killian is-" I spit scathingly, feeling my own rising anger, even as I try to bury it. "But this is my dorm, so no I won't be fucking off."

He scans me up and down, looking as if I'm the trash beneath his throne. "What's your name." It's not a question but a demand.

I debate giving it to him for a moment but my mouth opens and even if it is unfamiliar to me, the name slips from my lips like it's been mine since birth. "Noah."