4- Meeting Scott

Alex:

So I met the ‘mentor’ Wolverine said I would be having. When I first saw him, I immediately sensed that he was somehow annoyed with me. He had on a pair of red tinted glasses, that looked more like goggles to me since they completely covered his eyes. His dark brown hair was parted in the middle, messed-up enough to be considered cool, yet, at the same time, still looked presentable. He had a strong face, and despite the glasses (which, come to think of it again, actually emphasized his facial structure), I thought him quite cute. He was dressed in a black leather jacket and jeans, and when he stood in front of Wolverine, I realized that he was actually taller than him.

Anyway, the exchange he had with Wolverine confirmed my suspicion that he hated this job of looking after me. I didn’t detest him for that; right now, even I, myself, hated being me.

Scott, as I heard Wolverine call him, took me to my room without even the slightest glance at me. I had to scramble behind him, as he was walking very fast down the many corridors, and not once did he look back to see if I was catching up with his pace. While walking (or running, in my case), he ran me through the basic do’s and don’ts of the school. Who was running it: Professor Charles Xavier, I would be meeting him tomorrow. Do’s: Classes would be held every weekday, at 9 a.m, with Professor Xavier. Be punctual. Don’ts: Don’t leave the school, no matter for how short a time, without telling him. Don’t tell anyone what my powers were (this I had no qualms with). The list went on, really, but by then, I was so exhausted from the trip, and from running after Scott, that I really couldn’t focus on his words. Finally, he stopped in front of a brown, wooden door, which was identical to all the other doors I had just passed along the way, bade me good night- again, without looking at me- and continued along the hallway. I was too tired to be offended, and gratefully pushed open the door to my new room.

The room was slightly smaller than my previous room, but it was welcoming, nonetheless. The lights were off, but through the open window that was right opposite the door, lights from outside shone in. The cool breeze ruffled the long, transparent white curtains, and I could see a single bed that was positioned vertically, next to an oak cupboard. The quilt looked so inviting, so, without bothering to close the windows, I fell into a deep slumber on my new bed.

Too Powerful? [COMPLETED!]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें