Chapter 30: Of the Sand

"Please?" 

"No." 

"I would appreciate it a bunch!" 

"Hmm, no."

"You'd have a favor with the next Hokage?"

"I'm going to be the next Hokage, and my answer is still no." 

Naruto was currently walking down the dirt street of the village, hands in his pocket as he munched on a piece of pocky, minding his own business when Konohamaru, the grandson of the Third Hokage, was bothering him to play ninja along with his two other friends, the Snot Master Udon and the Sassiest 8-year-old in the village, Moegi. 

They wanted him to play ninja. Play. Ninja. Him, a real ninja, a really GOOD ninja, play ninja. 

"Ha! You are a fool, Naruto-nii! I will be the next Hokage!" Konohamaru declared, pointing an accusing finger at Naruto. A loud, exaggerated sigh escaped from Naruto's lips. 

"FIIIINEEEE, you little twits, I'll play. Run, you have ten seconds before I chase you. If you win, I'll teach you any move you want, if I win, you leave me alone for a month." Konohamaru and his gang nodded, excited for the opportunity. 

The trio ran away from him as he began counting in his head. 

Sakura, Sasuke, and Sai were currently patrolling the village, looking for their sensei. He had been missing for three days, he never came home according to Sakura and he hasn't been on any missions according to the Hokage. 

"Perhaps he's on an undercover mission, hence why Hokage-sama didn't tell us?" Sakura spoke in a worried voice. Sasuke shrugged.

"It's definitely a possibility." He muttered. They turned down an alleyway where they saw a small kid getting picked on by someone they did not recognize, with two other small kids cowering in fear. 

"You little shit," The teen in black shouted. "Do you know who I am?" Sasuke's eyes widened as he realized just who was in the clutches of the bully.

"Hey! You do know that's the Hokage's grandson right?" He shouted, charging in. "Let go of him now!" A teen with four blonde little scrunched up balls of hair on the back of her head, a large black bar on her back with a purple tunic that covered most of her frame. 

"So? We're the Kazekage's kids." 

"But you are in OUR village, not yours," Sai answered as he unsheathed his sword. "As of right now we could kill you and your village could do nothing about it. Not that they could even if they had the chance." 

"Hmph, as if you could," The teen dressed in black murmured as he hurled Konohamaru towards his friends, who quickly grabbed him from the air, glaring at the two Sand Ninja. "You guys are just a bunch of peace-loving tree huggers!" 

"Why must all villages be the same," A lazy voice drawled out as Naruto walked out from the corner, rustling Konohamaru's head. "Gotcha, you owe me a month of silence." 

"Sensei!" Sakura shouted gleefully. Naruto smiled awkwardly. 

"Huh, guess I've been missing huh?" He chuckled as he slowly walked towards the two Suna Genin. "You realize that my student was absolutely right, we could kill right here and no questions would be asked. You assaulted not just a civilian of Konoha, but the Hokage's grandson as well." 

"Who the hell are you?" The blonde shouted, glaring daggers at him. Naruto shrugged. 

"My name is Naruto Namikaze, next Hokage." He said simply as the two Genin froze. 

This was Naruto Namikaze? The man their father spoke of? This was him?! 

"Y-You're Naruto Namikaze?" Kankuro spoke, fear laced his voice as he saw Naruto's unnerving smile. "You're the Revenger?" Naruto was about to speak before another voice spoke up.