chapter thirty seven

45 MINUTES LEFT

seven jerked her head to the side and lost the spark in front of her. "focus, kid. you need focus to be able to form a strong portal," karl mordo says as he walks past her.

30 MINUTES LEFT

seven was so close to forming a portal, when the words blared in her head, causing her to jump and the sparks were gone again. she groaned as she looked around. all the other students had already formed their portals. why can't she?

15 MINUTES LEFT

"shut up!" seven shut her eyes as she clenched her fists tight. she had managed to create the portal, and was just about to close it successfully, but looked what had to happen.

10 MINUTES LEFT

"shut up, shut up, shut up!" she yelled, tossing the sling ring to the ground. everyone turned to the back to find out what happened and who she was talking to.

karl told everyone to take a break and walked up to seven. "kid, you alright?" he asked. he waited for an answer, but all he got was a hand asking him to keep his mouth shut. he looked over to the ancient one, who nodded her head. meanwhile, seven was trying to stop the immense headache she was having, and wondering why the time just kept blaring in her head.

7 MINUTES LEFT

seven let out a gasp as she fell onto the ground, still holding on to her head. karl grabbed her arms tightly, trying to find out what was wrong.

"i- i need to go back," seven said through the throbbing pain. "are you sure? you're shaking," karl said. as he wanted to ask if she was okay again, he looked up to see the ancient one shaking her head.

"alright, here," karl said as he conjured up a portal easily. "thanks... i'll- see you later," seven said, standing up with the help of karl before going through the portal. she fell to the ground of her bedroom, then looked at the time.

1:55am

"great," she grunted and lifted herself up to the bed.

"friday?"

"yes seven?"

"is everyone asleep?"

"yes."

"what a lie, fri," seven rolled her eyes, "who's awake?" though friday has seemingly no emotions, seven was able to hear and understand her tone. she even took a full day just talking to friday (and also hearing the others talk to her), to understand her tone.

"dr. strange, ms romanov, peter, mr barton, mr st-" "wait isn't that like everyone? it's 2am don't these people sleep?" seven groaned. "wanda and vision are asleep," friday cut in. seven had a look on her face, but quickly rubbed it off her.

ah, change of plans

"woah," seven's head blared as she heard a voice. she stumbled onto the ground, wide-eyed.

since they're all awake, let us meet somewhere else instead.

"what the- who's talking?" she asked, standing and touching her surroundings.

funny, how people think they're so great.

"bucky?" she looked around, but nothing could be seen.

i'll be at the orphanage. meet me there.

"orphanage," seven sighed. of all places, this guy chose to go there. sat on her bed with a loud sigh, starting to wonder if this was all a dream. but as the clock striked 2am, she felt the urge to meet whoever was talking to her. just in case.

but who could it be?