INTRODUCTION

FOR WHERE ALL LOVE IS,
THE SPEAKING IS UNNECESSARY.

diana gabaldon  outlander

THERE WAS A TIME, NOT VERY LONG ago, when Brian Randall used to know who he was. He knew that he was the son of a headstrong doctor and a brilliant professor, and that the entirety of his soul blazed with a passion as bright as the stars for which he studied vigorously. He knew that while he may be the younger twin, he would always be Brianna's overprotective brother, and that he was going to ask the beautiful Katherine Johanson to marry him one day.

But one visit with some relatives in London and a funeral for an old friend of his parents in Scotland changed everything, and suddenly, Brian Randall didn't even know who he was anymore. How are you supposed to go on with your life knowing that everything about yourself was a lie? To go on living like nothing has ever happened? To act like everything is normal when it is, in fact, very far from that?

The light of his soul burned out, passions fading away like a dying star into a cold and empty abyss, and he spent his days tirelessly researching what had happened to his real father, James Fraser, in the past. And eventually, through historical archives and the help of Roger Wakefield, they discovered that the eighteenth century Scotsman had survived the Battle of Culloden.

It took falling over two hundred years into the past for Brian Randall to find himself again, the burnt out light of his soul being restored in the arms of the most unlikely of women. Though, it was not with the pretty and wealthy Dorothea Pembroke whom his aunt had arranged for him to marry and rather the lovely and clever Moira Hawethorne, a baron girl with nothing to her name who found herself in the fortunate care of his charitable aunt, Jocasta Cameron.