day 11

Dear Harry,

I give you my deepest apologies, my love. I have lost track of the days as they go by at such an awful speed. I've been sulking, to say the least. You still have not come home, which I resent you for more and more each day. Your mother discussed the idea of filing a missing persons report to the police, but that idea made me sick. We argued about the decision for a while, but I did not budge. You are not missing; you are simply on a journey to find your way back to me.

Niall came over again to see how I was doing. God, Harry, he's an amazing person. I can't remember the last time someone has been so kind to me. We talked for hours about everything imaginable. We shared a few good laughs and for once I was actually happy. But just as quickly as that feeling had come, it went away at the mention of you. And as you turned to the topic of our conversation, we cried together on the couch.

"What if he's gone?" Niall asked as his concentration was fully on the hem of his sleeved shirt.

"He is gone, Niall," I made very clear, but that realization still destroyed me inside. He blinked a few times before meeting my gaze, and both of our eyes were glazed over in tears.

"No, I know that. I mean, like gone."

"You mean...dead? No, I refuse to believe that. He can't be," I shook my head like I was insane and Niall took my hand in his own for comfort.

But what if you are gone?