Chapter 31 - Ethan

"It's so good to have a business with your Mr. Hall," says Mr. Dubois with his heavy accent.

"Likewise," I say, shaking his hand and his wife's hand. And I walk with them out of my office. Outside my office, Madeline is waiting for us with her sweet smile. She already pressed the elevator for them. Did I tell you she is a perfect executive assistant? Just for me, I won't allow anyone else to have her! She is mine and only mine.

We pass Pete and Belle in the lobby. After we say goodbye to the Dubois, we're going back inside.

"Pete," I call him. His face is hard. Not like his usual jolly face, and Belle's eyes red.

"Hey, Ethan, Mads!" He forces his smile. Belle doesn't say hi to us, she hides behind Pete.

"Mads, can I talk with you for a while?" Pete says to Madeline. I can see Belle is holding Pete's suit. Ah... guess my girl already 'talked' with Belle.

I deliberately hold Madeline's waist and lean closer to her. "I'm going to call Victor. Do you want to have lunch or you want to visit the building first, Sweetness?" I ask her. I want to show to Pete and Belle that our relationship is not just a mere employer employee. Pete is a good guy, best at his job. But he spoiled Belle too much. I don't want him to side with Belle, because this is Belle's fault. Not because of her agenda with me, but her working attitude is really annoying. Sarah never like her.

"What did you just call her?" Belle comes out behind Pete's back. I raise my eyebrow at her.

Pete pulls Belle's elbow, and she stops.

"Up to you Ethan," Madeline answers me with her smile, and looks at Pete. "Pete, what do you want to talk about?" She asks politely.

Pete glances at me, and I realize it's my cue to leave them. I take out my phone and walk farther from them, after giving a squeeze to my girl.

I steal a glance at them. From their faces, Pete is apologizing to Madeline about Belle. And Madeline gives him her smile. She is so beautiful, so bright. Since our first night, my life always starts and ends with her.

She comes to me with a smile. Pete just nods at me from far, I nod back. I know he needs to take care of his wailing cousin now.

"Ready to go?" I ask her and she nods.

***

We're on the way to the building I bought from The Dubois. It's called Ie Chateau Dubois. Or in English, The Dubois Castle. We're not planning to change the name. Because it's in the contract. They want us to preserve the name and I agree. The building is huge, it's a castle, the walls rich with painting and carving.

Madeline sits next to me, her eyes on the window, looking at Paris' street. "You sure you're not hungry, Sweetness?" I ask her.

She looks at me and shakes her head. "No. My tummy jet lagged. We can have a late lunch. What do you think? You don't have any appointment until the 3pm meeting," she says.

"Sure. You're the one who keeps track of my schedule." I tuck a a tendril behind her ear, and she smiles softly at me.

"By the way, do I need to know what Pete said to you earlier?"

"Nothing's important, he apologized about Belle. But we're good. You don't have to worry," she says.

I nod. "If you need my help, tell me, okay?"

She nods. "Relax Ethan. I'm capable enough to handle this," she winks at me. And hell, I fall deeper into this woman.

***

Trust in YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara