Chapter 2

Dream couldn't believe it at all. Time passed clearly too fast, and he was still pondering on about yesterday's events. The meeting with his buddy, George, was completely exhilarating and left him awake all night long, leaving him tired by the time morning has rise.

After he and George took a brisk walk around the park yesterday, George took him by the river dyed with mountains of maple leaves, although messy but still a captivating view. They decided to stay around the river for awhile, before proceeding to rest on the birch bench that gave a wide angle of the beautiful park.

"Honestly, I still can't believe you're right in front of me," George spoke, staring at Dream with a gleeful expression. Dream displayed a radiant smile and gave a mirthful laugh, as he playfully ruffled his hair.

"Well, me neither. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you. I feel like I should've came here earlier. To see this magnificent place and to see you, of course. I..."

He trailed off, thinking if it'll be awkward if he were to suddenly say "I love you" to his friend in public. Dream had always no problem saying it, so why was it different today?

George didn't seem to catch on what he was trying to say, so he then continued on, "Why didn't you come here earlier then?" Jokingly, he said.

Dream paused, wondering if he should spill out what's on his mind to him or not. He then decided, maybe he shouldn't. George would probably laugh at him anyways if he told the truth, so Dream just casually lied.

"I was busy and stuff. I can't just come and go as I please,"

"Right..."

That's when George finally felt something was wrong, but closed one eye since Dream didn't seem to want to really share what he's thinking. Or perhaps he was just overthinking, something that he usually do.

"Just so you know...I...I'm here for you Dream."

"Thank you."

A smile formed on both of their faces, while they sunk into the marvelous scenery. The first meeting was unexpectedly awkward, but Dream and George didn't mind. It was quite common, in fact, and perhaps in another few days of being together they'll get used to it and become best of friends like they always are online.

"Hey George, wanna play a game?"

The confused lad stared at Dream. "Like what?" He asked.

"You see these here?" Dream said, pointing to the rocks and pebbles covered by fallen leaves as a blanket. He bent forward to slowly pick them up one by one, before handing some to George.

"Wanna see who can create the most ripples?"

George let out a laugh. "Why not?" He snickered, taking some rocks and pebbles from Dream.

"Just so you know, Dream, I'll win this challenge!"

George started first, slapping the mountain of pebbles on his palm and took one out of the pile to launch it towards the river. It slapped against the river, leaping forward a few steps. George gave off a cocky smile, proud of his achievement. He taunted Dream, whom gave a sly grin in return.

Dream stared at the clear blue skies with a determined look, followed by rocketing the pebble, which powerfully bounced onto the river. It continued for a few seconds before pummeling down the shallow waters. Of course, George was quite disappointed that Dream landed further than him, but he wasn't ready to give up just yet. He clenched his fist, before giving another try.

After countless of rounds, Dream won. With Dream's highly competitive personality and strong throws, George lost miserably against him.

"You sure you're not cheating... Right?" George queried, unsatisfied with the lost.