8

After their very naked first meeting, Louis couldn't stop thinking about Harry. Their note writing had gone overboard during the week. He had come home to fifteen new notes on Tuesday morning, most of them containing apologies. On Thursday they had both increased the notes to thirty-one each, all of them containing meaningless stuff. It was like they both wrote down every little strain of thought they were having and they were also flirting with each other.

This was his weekend off. He knew how he wanted to spend it but he hesitated when he sat at the kitchen table eating one of Harry's creations. He found the courage and wrote him a note that he left there on the table so Harry would find it immediately.

Another great dish. What are your plans this weekend? Can I take you out for dinner on Saturday to repay you for all the great food you made me? /Louis

It didn't sound too eager, did it? He left for work feeling nervous about Harry's reply. What if Harry didn't want to see him at all?

He hurried home after work and rushed into the kitchen. There was a note next to his.

I'd love to! Just text me or even better, call me so I know when and where. I'm looking forward to it! /H

Louis smiled happily and fumbled with his cellphone to give Harry a call. It took some time for Harry to answer it.
"Louis?"

"Hi Harry, oh God, did I wake you?" Louis said and blushed. It was nine on a Saturday morning.

"Yeah. It's okay Lou." Harry chuckled on the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry. I forgot how early it is. I just wanted to talk about dinner plans." Louis said, sounding embarrassed.

"I'm glad you called. So, when should I be ready? Do you want me to meet you somewhere?" Harry said, sounding happy.

"How about six? Ehm, can you come home and then we'll go together from here or do you want me to pick you up somewhere? I can do that." Louis said nervously.

"I can come home. I'll be there at half-past five?" Harry answered immediately.

"Great! I see you later then. I'm gonna try and get some sleep so I don't fall asleep later mid-sentence." Louis chuckled.

"Get some sleep. Drink your tea!" Harry said before they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Louis made the tea. It didn't seem to work but Harry had bought it for him and that was a really sweet gesture so he could at least drink it. He went to bed and set the alarm at four so he had time to get ready for the date, ehm, the get-to-know-your flatmate dinner. He didn't want to get ahead of himself.

He woke up at two with a sigh. He really tried to fall back to sleep but it was pointless. He decided to take a long shower to wake up. He used all of his good products before he shaved and brushed his teeth. He decided to floss as well.

He wrapped the towel around his waist before he stepped out of the bathroom. He had no desire to flash himself again if Harry decided to come home early for some reason. A fairly big part of him wished that he would. He stared into his wardrobe for a solid twenty minutes trying to decide what to wear.

Harry was doing the same at Zayn at Liam's. He didn't bring date clothes. Was this even a date? God, he was so nervous.
"Zayn! Come and help me choose!"

Both Zayn and Liam entered the room.
"I don't think you should do this Harry. If it doesn't go well you're homeless." Liam uttered in concern.

"It's just a dinner Liam." Harry argued.

"You find him attractive." Zayn pointed out.

"Well, if you had seen him you would agree." Harry smirked.

"I want my man dark, tall, and handsome." Liam said and blew Zayn a kiss.

"Him being shorter than me is adorable. He's so damn cute!" Harry gushed.

"Just a dinner huh?" Zayn questioned.

Harry blushed.
"I don't know his motive but I want to find out. Now, help me look good!"

Liam and Zayn went through his bag of clothes and shook their heads. They handed him his black skinny jeans and Zayn went to look through his own closet and came back with a black button-up shirt with a green pattern.
"Here, this will bring out your eyes."

Harry took the shirt and put it on. He only buttoned the three middle buttons.
"I don't even know why you bother wearing a shirt at all when you wear it like that." Liam pointed out.

"Hush, he looks sexy." Zayn argued.

"Yeah, I'm sure Louis will faint from just one look at him." Liam smirked.

Harry grinned and went to fix his hair. He stared at his reflection for a while before he took a deep breath and went to the boys for a final inspection.
"Looking good Styles." Zayn smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

"You cleaned up well but you seem nervous?" Liam said.

"I really like him. He's funny and sweet and really kind." Harry confessed.

"You discovered all of that while bumping into him naked? I thought that was the first time you met?" Zayn questioned sounding confused.

"Yeah, no, we've been writing notes to each other." Harry told them.

"Notes? What kind of notes?" Liam asked.

"Just, you know, notes." Harry said and blushed.

"Must be some really good notes." Zayn smirked.

"They are and that's how I can say that he's funny and sweet and kind." Harry beamed.

"Well, what a 1700 century way of getting to know someone. It's actually kind of romantic." Liam smiled and Harry rolled his eyes at him.

He knocked on the door to their shared flat at half-past five. He didn't just want to enter when it was Louis weekend. Louis came and opened the door.
"Hi." Harry said breathlessly and smiled.

Louis returned the smile.
"Hi."