Chapter Thirty-Five: Demon Crossing

I watched Jeff sit at the table with his laptop and boot it up as Fae and Angel moved to the table as well.

I was hit with a sudden curiosity as Jeff started to explain that the humans had a game that some demons wanted to try, but couldn't get.

"So, I got my friend Rat to bring me to the human world in our human forms for about a week so I could check out their game. It was called Animal Crossing and I took so many notes and pictures on my hell phone and when I came back, I started putting it together after taking a long nap in Fae's apartment." Jeff explained.

"He really hasn't left my apartment much since his top surgery and he's been sleeping with me in my bed, so I'm gonna say that we're closer than friends." Fae grumbled.

"Aw, I love you too." Jeff smiled at Fae as he opened a page on his computer. I came around the table and watched the game open.

The screen said Demon Crossing in cutesy, slightly demonic lettering and a sign that read "Hazbin Inc. Uninhabited Island Package" with two little goat demons that I recognized as Razzle and Dazzle, Charlie's servants that she treats too nicely.

They greeted the player with a "I see you're here for the Uninhabited Island Package! First let's look up your data in the system." and a small box appeared where you would type in your name.

Jeff offered it to Angel and Angel typed in his original name, Anthony, before nixing it and going with Angel instead and hitting the okay! button.

Then he typed in his place of birth because it was required of him, typing Italy.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Husk get up and make dinner when they realized that I probably wasn't gonna move from next to Jeff, Angel, and Fae. Niffty continued to play with Mercy and keep her from messing with anything I didn't want her to mess with, for fear of her getting hurt.

"This game is really chill...can I make it look exactly like me?" Angel asked curiously.

"Yup." Jeff proceeded to put in all the things to make the character look like Angel, but smaller and really cute without the awkward knees and really hidden ears. "You can alter it from here if you want."

Angel put his little character in a pair of jeans and a cloudy blue sweater, not minding that it was a little bit too matchy-matchy as he put round glasses on the character.

"That's adorable, Angel Dear." I crooned as I sat down next to him.

"Thank you, Bambi." Angel laughed, planting a kiss on my hand before continuing the game past the character customization.

The pair of goat demons laughed before asking what island Angel wanted because it was gonna be his island. Angel picked one that was shaped like a heart with a small river running through the middle, but barely making it past a few feet of the island, I would assume.

I smiled at his choice as the next part happened: the flight with a small video of life on this island.

You could kill and eat bugs and fish, cut down lampposts(for some reason), kill the villagers that you hated(nice, no objections here), collect a currency called "skulls", and gather fruit as you desired.

It seemed peaceful.

We appeared on the island with all its buildings and other things, causing Angel to sigh in relief that it had places for him to live. Among the people who had taken the flight (Razzle, Dazzle, and Angel), there were two extra characters.

I eyed them, trying to figure out if they were some people that I've seen before realizing that they looked like Cherry and Travis, two people that Angel was familiar with. Travis was the worst kind of person and Cherry was his friend.

Angel seemed to notice too before mumbling that he was gonna kill Travis later in the game, causing me to smile with relief.

Angel wandered up to what seemed like the Hotel in the game and was greeted by Charlie and Vaggie. I nearly screamed because of how similar to the actual people they looked and how they had the same attitudes as Charlie and Vaggie did.

"Welcome to our Hazbin Hotel, would you like to rent a room?" Asked Charlie's character, grinning. Angel said yes and exaggeratedly clicked the button that said "why not, you seem nice".

Charlie's character jumped up and led Angel's character into the hotel, giving him a key and letting him find a room he liked. That was as far as the game got because the screen froze and a notification popped up.

"That is what I got so far. It's kinda a side project that I'm obsessed with right now." Jeff said before showing off some designs he did in his sketch book that he transferred to the computer. "I'm also juggling my book and art I've been payed to do."

"It looks good, Jeff, I'm proud of you." Fae said, kissing Jeff on the cheek.

"How does everything move so smoothly, I'm impressed." I said in amazement.

"I was an animator before I died. I would use so much paper to flip through a machine to make a tape with all the panels in it to put on a projector and play it for some audiences." Jeff laughed, his cheeks flushed light pink.

"I didn't know that. Do you still do it sometimes?" I asked.

"Digitally, I do it. I made an animated version of the IMP commercial jingle for Blitzø to put on a cartoon channel and on BooTube. I've also made a commercial for this hotel, Rosie's business, and a few others. I'm currently making an animation for Tom Trench of 666 News because he wants to see what it would be." Jeff explained, accidentally tripping into tangent territory. "Valentino currently wants me to paint him naked to give to Vox as a gift, even though my rules are that you must be modest to my standards and paying me. The ugly skank isn't respecting either rule and is currently threatening Fae's safety over it, so I've been keeping Fae safe lately." Jeff growled the last part, clinging onto Fae and bearing his teeth. Fae smiled and petted his hair.

"I'm glad you have. We all know what Valentino would've done to me." Fae shivered and I felt my heart ache for him. Angel seemed to freeze, as if he were getting war flashbacks, causing me to nudge him cautiously, snapping him out of it. Jeff squinted at the distance, seemingly thinking about killing Val.

Everyone in hell should know what Val does because of the unlucky porn stars who have died being raped and abused badly by Val. This drama has been going on for many decades and it's old news. I'm lucky Angel wasn't dead before I met him.