Familiar

The bell for lunch period chimed and Present Mic walked out of class after concluding his English lesson. The minute he was out, the screeching sounds of chairs being scrapped on the floor and loud conversation filled the room as the students started getting ready to head to the cafeteria.

Midoriya quickly finished packing up the rest of his books in his bag before he rose from his seat with a designation in mind. Green eyes glued on the back of (Y/n)'s head, he began making his way towards her with an eager look on his face. Unfortunately, his tunnel vision hindered him from noticing Katsuki getting up from his seat and he bumped into his side.

Katsuki stopped and slowly turned his head to glare down at the shorter male. "Ha?"

"K-Kacchan!" a wobbly smile on his lips, the boy held up his hands in a placating gesture and took a step back for his safety. "I-I didn't-I'm sorry!"

The ash-blonde sized him up, his eyes narrowing and lip curling up in a snarl as his famous irritation with Midoriya was sparked to life.

But just as he was about to give the nerd a piece of his fucking mind for even thinking about touching him, he remembered who was in his vicinity and the probability that they just might be listening. Grinding his teeth at the inconvenience of the situation, he bit back his words and whipped around to walk away before he could take out his anger on his desk. Or Deku's stupid ass face.

Midoriya sighed in relief as he stared at Katsuki's back in slight confusion and his hands lowered. He was expecting to be shouted at and out of reflex, he had already come up with an apology to appease him but that reaction...was just different. Was he not feeling well perhaps?

Once Katsuki was too far to be considered a threat, the freckled teen continued on his way to (Y/n) and stopped next to her desk. (Y/n) was busy tucking her pens and pencils in between her books, blissfully unaware of his appearance.

"Um," he cleared his throat as a grin made its way to his face. "H-Hey, (Y/n)."

The girl looked up and she smiled. "Oh, hey."

"So, uh," Midoriya tapped his clenched fists to his sides. "How're you doing today?"

(Y/n) airily chuckled as she returned to her task and Midoriya lightly frowned, wondering if he had said something wrong. Closing her books, she pushed them to one corner of her desk before standing up.

"This is the fourth time you're asking me that," she pointed out. "You do know that, right?"

Her eyes fell on his terribly done tie and she shook her head.

Not noticing the hands that were reaching for his tie, he cocked his head to the side. "It is?"

"Yeah," she said as she grabbed his tie and started undoing it. Ignoring how he tensed up, she leveled the tie ends, with the wide end extending lower than the narrow end.

"O-Oh..." blushing, Midoriya watched her while her fingers expertly worked on his tie. "I-I didn't notice."

"The first time was when you sent me a text first thing when I woke up," she explained without looking up at him. "The second time was when I came down for breakfast. The third was when I poured my second cup of coffee," she slid the knot up to his collar and centered it, her eyes going up to meet his. "This is now the fourth."

"Um, (Y-Y/n)," Midoriya's eyes unconsciously flickered down to her lips before they quickly darted to the side in embarrassment. His tongue felt heavy in his mouth and there was an odd fuzziness in his mind. "You're...uh, s-standing kind of close to, um, me..."

"Oh," face flushing, (Y/n) let go of his tie and backed off, "sorry. It's a force of habit," she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "I sometimes tie my dad's ties when we attend his art exhibitions."