Chapter 18

Niall's POV

           I just sat there with tears rolling down my face, holding my hurt wrist and my eyes wide at the not-so-stranger.

             It was the man that I talked to when I went to the restaurant. He looked at me shocked, then looked at Zayn. He was still holding onto Sam with all his life, his face buried into his white fur. If I weren't so confused and scared at the moment, I would tell Zayn he looked like a four year old.

            "Y-you, w-what... it's him!?" That man didn't even know what to say. He just looked at Zayn like a monster that he wasn't.

            "I'm sorry." Zayn said. I could tell he was crying into our dog. I got up off the floor, still holding my wrist, and went to Zayn. I pat his shoulder and he looked up at me. "You need to go home." My heart stopped.

          Did he not love me anymore? Was he so afraid of being caught that he thought I had to leave? Well if that's the case, he doesn't know the extent of my acting yet. After quickly making up a good story in my head, I turned the the man standing there looking just as shocked when he walked in.

            "What do you want?" I asked him. His voice squeaked and he looked back to Zayn.

            "Zayn? Did you take him? Are you the one that kidnapped him and that has been keeping him from going home?" The brown eyed man asked. He was talking to Zayn like he was either a phyco or he was a stupid four year old. He was neither, thank you very much. He was only sort of crazy but that's what makes Zayn, Zayn. I took his question to cut in with my story. As much as I wanted to go home, I loved Zayn and wanted to be with him.

              "Kidnapped? He didn't kidnap me. I came to his house after I ran away from home. He didn't really know me and I didn't know him much, but he took me in and he's helping me out with my emotional issues. He's been through so much that it gives me hope I can make it through my dark time as well." I lied. I saw that guys face contort in confusion.

           "Zayn, is that true?" He asked looking Zayn straight in the eyes. Zayn looked at me with tears on his face and I gave him a nod to reasure him. He looked back at the man and nodded his head.

            "Liam, I'm sorry I didn't tell you." That's his name! I remember it now. I still wonder who his friend was that he found almost dead in his bathroom is. I hope he's okay. But that's not really what I should be focusing on now.

              Liam huffed and walked over to Zayn, wrapping his arms around him. I started getting angry at how long he was holding my Zayn and my puppy. When he pulled back he looked back at me.

               "Kid, everyone is looking for you. you should call home or something and tell them you're alright." I nodded and went over to Zayn and got our baby in my arms. "I'm going to call the police and tell them to call off the search for you. I think that's the right thing to do."

            Zayn and I looked at each other then back to Liam. I guess I only thought through part of my plan. Zayn looked worried and scared about this. I put Sam on the bed and walked over to Liam, who was dialing the emergency number onto his phone. I snatched the phone from his hand and turned the device off.

              "Don't call. I don't want to go back home. Don't make me." I begged he looked at me like he was trying to see past my act and I could tell he could.

           "Something doesn't add up. Are you sure this is the truth?" Liam asked Zayn.  Zayn nodded again but this time he averted his eyes to looking everywhere Liam wasn't. I could see how nervous he was but the way he fumbled is fingers with the sides of his shirt and how he pulled down the long sleeves over his hands. God, Zayn is really going to give himself away.

             Liam leaned into my ear and started whispering.

                "If he took you, tell me and I'll help you leave. Don't think you have to lie to protect him. He's not mentally stable and would be put away. It would be fine, he needs help." My eyes widen at the thought of Zayn going to a mental instatute or prison and I didn't like the way I would feel knowing I put him in there. He wouldn't be happy there. No one is!

             Yes, he kidnapped me and killed Harry. Yes, I wanted to go home and see my family but I couldn't let anything happen to Zayn. I love him no matter what and I promised him that. I just don't know how to get myself out of this mess I've just created.

              "Liam, step back from him." Zayn growled pulling us both back from our short exchange of words and thoughts. I looked to Zayn and saw jelousy written all over his face.

              What happened next I was completely lost. Liam shoved me behind him like he was trying to protect me or something, but I fell to the floor; landing on my hurt wrist. I let out a loud yelp of pain and curled into a ball. I guess he was trying to get me to run or leave, but I'm not really balanced so of course I fell. Either way, I wasn't going to run. If anything I would run to Zayn, never away from him.

               I opened my teary eyes and looked to see Zayn angrier than ever. I swear he almost had steam coming out if his ears.

              "You hurt him!" He yelled and Liam stepped back in surprise to Zayn's emotions. "You fucking hurt my Niall!"

             "It was an accident. Zayn, take a deep breath and calm down." He tried, but Zayn started walking slowly towards him. He looked like an animal stalking it's pry. I scoot back on the floor, trying to move far away from something ugly I knew that was about to go down. Sam scampered over to me so I picked him up with my good hand, putting him in my shirt to shield him from the violence I knew was about to take place.

            "Don't tell me to fucking calm down! You hurt him!" Zayn yelled at the top of his lungs. His hands were balled at his sides and breaths were visibly shallow. He took one more step and was right in Liam's face.

              "Zayn, please ju-" suddenly Zayn's hands were wrapped around Liam's neck and he was shouting profanities at him, while squeezing. I shut my eyes and held onto the puppy in my shirt. I just wanted this to be over. I hate angry Zayn, angry Zayn does things that aren't normal and that always end up hurting other people.

            I heard choking sounds, then nothing. The last thing I heard was a body drop to the floor. I opened my eyes and saw Liam laying there with blue lips and his eyes wide open, his chest was completely still.

A/N: don't hate me! I'm actually really super creeped out by Zayn. Please comment/vote!
                             -Bri;)